PDA

View Full Version : One reason why fire fighters are awesome

stangfish
09-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Removed

snowgetter1
09-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Everybody loves firefighters. As a police officer there is no better reward than putting the fire out before the firefighters can arrive then see let down sad look on their faces as they berate me for using such a simple/wrong instrument, fire extinguisher, on the fire.

David13
10-01-2013, 12:10 AM
Snowgetter
You are not raining on the fireman's parade here, are you?
You know, they say they wave at the firemen with all 5 fingers. And at the police with only one finger.
I have seen the firefighters save kittens before. So I know it happens.
On Saturday, we, my fellow motorcyclists and I, rescued a firefighter. He was on his motorbike at a gas station and, for more than two hours, couldn't find where he 'lost' his key. We found it for him in about 5 minutes.
dc

stangfish
10-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Removed

DrThunder88
10-01-2013, 01:58 AM
Pretty cool. There are animal-specific oxygen masks out there too, but they made due with what they had! Those GoPro videos are a bit weird with the fisheye-type lens, but the resolution is nice. Here is a Detroit hosedragger saving two dogs with his SCBA. (http://on.aol.com/video/fireman-resuscitates-dying-dogs-with-oxygen-mask-517394833)

snowgetter1
10-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Good one David13. Just had to get my $.02 in. And deep down, just like everyone else I must admit, I love cats too.

Bowers
10-27-2013, 08:58 PM
As a volunteer FF in Overton Tn, I arrived at the scene of a house fire that got put out quickly, I went inside after to do a walkthrough for hotspots and found a small dog hiding under a kitchen table scared, but ok. It felt good to help the little guy out, the owners didn't think the dog was in the house at the time. You just don't realize how important animals are to people until something happens.