PDA

View Full Version : Accustocks

shooterfpga
09-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Ive been looking into accustock take offs. I have found one for a model 11 with same spacing and dbm. However the contour for the take off is a sporter. Would there be any issues dropping a 10p heavy varmint in it. Are they all the same stock is my question basically.

stangfish
09-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Two things. Is the accustock from a bottom bolt release or a top bolt release. Have you aver used a broomhandle and sandpaper to open up a barrel channel. This one will be easy. It will look thin at the fron though.

shooterfpga
09-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Two things. Is the accustock from a bottom bolt release or a top bolt release. Have you aver used a broomhandle and sandpaper to open up a barrel channel. This one will be easy. It will look thin at the fron though.

Its a bottom bolt just like what ive got. So looks like just opening up the barrel channel and a barrel nut for an accustock?

stangfish
09-28-2013, 11:10 PM
The nut is the same. The lug is different. You can make yours work if you have a bench grinder. If you want to use a precision lug and shape it or you want to grind your own to fit and have me surface grind it for you, send it to me.

shooterfpga
09-29-2013, 06:52 PM
The nut is the same. The lug is different. You can make yours work if you have a bench grinder. If you want to use a precision lug and shape it or you want to grind your own to fit and have me surface grind it for you, send it to me.

So if i were to buy the lug that fits id still have to grind it? Ive never done any mods like this all mine have always been bolt on or drop in. It seems easy enough though just tryna gather more info before taking it on.

stangfish
09-29-2013, 09:24 PM
No, you would not have to. I just offered to do so for you. It is not required.

shooterfpga
10-01-2013, 01:06 AM
You seem to know a lot about these. Does a bottom bolt release mean the stock is an accustock without having to open it up and check?

stangfish
10-01-2013, 01:36 AM
No there are some Package series guns 11/111 and 16/116 that are bottom release, synthetic non accustock. From what I have seen all of the 16/116 Weather Warriors are. The aluminum internal frame defines the accustock.