PDA

View Full Version : Accutrigger question new model 10 fcp k

Petermari
09-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Is it true that you can reduce the trigger pull on an Accutrigger by simply replacing the trigger spring with the Target Accutrigger spring? I read an advertisement from a company that sells the Target spring and says replacing the spring reduces the trigger pull. They didn't say how much it would be reduced. I know the Target accutrigger can go as low as 6oz. I also heard it wouldn't make any difference because the sear is different on the Target Accutrigger. The spring is only $5 so it's not much of an investment. No sense doing it if it causes the trigger to stick because the trigger pull is too light. I can live with 1.5 or so but since it's for benchrest I'd like it a little less. Any opinions on this matter? If anyone has first hand knowledge please chime in.

Wildboarem
09-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Yes, to a point. I just replaced my wifes 116 stock 3.5# spring with one from Jim @ NSS for 1.5# spring. The trigger is tolerable but I think you would need to swap the whole trigger to get it to 8 oz.

Petermari
09-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the input. Not familiar with NSS. Is there a website? Thanks, Peter

missed
09-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Northlandshooterssupply.com

Petermari
09-30-2013, 09:33 PM
After spending some time on the Web, I think I have better idea about the Accutrigger. Apparenty, Savage makes 3 different Accutriggers. The first one is called Hunting, and has a 2.5 to 6.0 trigger pull. The second one is called Varmint/Tactical. It has a trigger pull of 1.5 to 6.0. Sounds like the only difference is a lighter trigger spring. Some Law Enforcement models have this trigger, eg. FCP K, Precision Carbine. Finally, the third one is called the Target Accutrigger, 6 oz minimum. It is a different trigger than the first two with different sear geometry. So, the first two models can swap trigger springs. I haven't seen the springs next to each other so I don't know if they are 3 different springs. Maybe the Target and Varmint/Tactical springs are the same? The last thing that popped up is the lowering of the trigger pull to around 1.5 lbs on the first two triggers may cause some trigger malfunctions. Please correct any of my accutrigger assumptions. Thanks

pitsnipe
10-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Peter,

You are correct, Savage offers three DIFFERENT triggers for their line of firearms (rifles) but they ARENT all Accutriggers. For that category, there is only two. The target which has a red primary lever with the 6 oz min weight. And the "regular" Accutrigger with the 1.5 lb min pull weight. I too, own an FCP-K only difference my bolt is on the correct side making it an FLCP-K. Same firearm. My trigger (Accutrigger like yours) is set to 1.5 lbs. Approximately 1/2 turn in from the top of adjustment range. Are you trying to get a lighter trigger weight? For that, I too believe you are better off changing out the trigger for one that is made to break less than 1.5 lbs rather than mess with the one you have. And, if you ever change your mind on what you like, you can always change back. As for options <1.5 lbs, I'm sure someone will chime in with choices.
Good luck

Snipe