PDA

View Full Version : Super Glue and .22..?

Josh Smith
02-17-2010, 01:47 AM
I got this idea as I was playing with chamber pressure numbers the other day for the .45acp - a cartridge I reload.

With increased chamber pressures, if there is sufficient powder, there is usually increased efficiency of the cartridge.

That led me to thinking, what would happen if I were to add a dab of superglue to the area where the bullet enters the cartridge of a .22 Long Rifle?

Probably risking a head blowout so I've not tried it.

I don't recommend you try it either.

Probably just a matter of time before I do try it. Probably right after I get a chronograph.

Just curious as to what ya'll might have to say about this practice. Has anyone ever done it? If not, have you heard of anything similar being done?

Josh

pa_wdchuckhuntr
02-17-2010, 07:13 AM
I don't believe super glue would do much if anything to increase pressure in a .22 due to the fact that brass and lead won't make good bonding agents. Besides the fact it's pretty hard to increase efficieny in what has to be the most efficient cartridge their is.

Josh Smith
02-17-2010, 07:41 AM
I don't believe super glue would do much if anything to increase pressure in a .22 due to the fact that brass and lead won't make good bonding agents. Besides the fact it's pretty hard to increase efficieny in what has to be the most efficient cartridge their is.

Thanks!

Some folks actually took issue with this, thinking I was going to try it. Not so.

I was just very curious as to what it would do to the pressure curve.

Josh