PDA

View Full Version : Savage Hog Hunter new stock with DBM

JerichoAssassin
09-26-2013, 10:02 PM
I have a Savage Hog Hunter model 11 in .308. What I want to do is update my stock. I am an amateur stock maker and would like to make my own stock but I would also need/like to make it into a detachable box magazine and I am having an extremely difficult time finding a floorplate. :mad: I'm under the impression that a floorplate from a predator hunter model 10 would work fine but have no idea how to get a replacement. Does anybody have any suggestions what I should do??? Also with my business and school I have hardly any time to call Savage Arms during their business hours. Does anyone know if they have a contact email to help me with this? I don't see one on their website. Thank you :cool:

thomae
09-28-2013, 09:49 AM
The Savage Arms mailing address is on their website. I know it's old fashioned, but you could send them a letter.

My other suggestion is to become a paid member of this forum so you can access the classifieds. Savage bottom metal and DBMs come up for sale from time to time.

M4J0R T0M
10-01-2013, 08:08 AM
CDI makes dbm bottom metal for model 10's.

pdog06
10-02-2013, 08:25 AM
sure it can also be found on ebay or gunbroker as well, and possibly MidwayUSA or Brownells. Any late model short action floorplate will work. The enire floorplate/magazine can be had for about $100-130. Then there are also aftermarket options as well, like CDI for one.

M4J0R T0M
10-02-2013, 02:49 PM
CDI makes the bottom metal and dbm for the 10 FCP-SR I believe. It will work on any 4.4" center feed SA model 10 as long as you have the top bolt release.