PDA

View Full Version : Guestimate of cost to do this small mauser project?

JeepsAndGuns
09-26-2013, 07:41 PM
So I have had a small project on the back burner for probably close to 6-8 years. I am kinda wanting to get it put together and actually shoot it. It has been years since I have had any gunsmith work done, so I am kinda out of the game, price wise. I am just curious if anyone might have a ballpark of what it may cost to do this, so I know if its in my budget right now.

What I have is a turk mauser action (large ring action, small ring threads) a barrel and a scope base. The barrel is currently chambered in 30-06, and was supposed to be threaded for small ring actions (bought it years ago, unknown make). However it does not thread into the action. I would like to have it cut down on the action end just enough to rechamber it to 308win. Not sure if anyone is famillar with the turk mausers, but the end of the reciever has a little shroud. I would like that trimmed off and matched to what a standard action is, so I could use any off the shelf mauser large ring stock. Have the barrel cut down, chambered in 308 and installed/headspaced. And last, have it drilled/tapped for the scope base. The scope base is one peice and is made for the mauser action and does not require removal of the stripper clip guide. So it should not be too hard to install.
I have already done the bolt handle myself (actually did that years ago) so just the above barrel and scope base work is needed.
Thanks.

tomme boy
09-28-2013, 11:47 PM
$50 to turn the face of the rec. $250 rechamber barrel. $75-100 D&T rec. $75 lap bolt into rec. $75 true boltface.