PDA

View Full Version : I held one of those new Vortex PST's ..........

Savage Lover
02-16-2010, 11:32 PM
So I was at the Western Hunting Expo in Salt Lake City over the weekend and Vortex had a booth there. They had the new PST and the $2k Razor also. The PST is super nice, I absolutely loved the turrets. They are very grippy, they almost have sharp edges on them. Super smooth and good clicks, much different than my regular 6-20X Viper. Glass was super clear edge to edge and the reticule is something that more companies should offer instead of the standard overly large dots in a mil dot reticule.

I wouldn't hesitate buying one after spinning those turrets. If you buy one of these and don't like it, there is definitely something wrong with you, not the scope.

Their Razor HD spotting scopes are ridiculous!! Several other booths had them on display and were just ranting about how awesome they are and at only $1,500 you can't beat it. Super vivid colors and so crisp it almost looks 3-D. I really want one of these. Now to find the 1500 smackers........

joseph
02-22-2010, 12:55 PM
I just got off the phone with Vortex. I was told that for the Viper PST scopes the glass comes from Japan. The other components and the assembly come from the Philippines.

joseph

PS: I have one of these on pre-order:
Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP
EBR-1 MOA Reticle | 30mm Tube
Edit/Delete Message

Savage_Jake
02-23-2010, 09:59 PM
I will be pre-ordering one of these as soon as I receive check from Uncle Sam!!!! ;D

KSP446
02-25-2010, 05:42 AM
I have one on pre order from SWFA. I have a Razor 5-20x50 and it is one hell of a scope. If the PST is half the scope that the Razor is, it'll be a hit!!

BigDKC
02-26-2010, 12:20 AM
I will be purchasing one of these also. However I was kind of bummed out to learn from Brian @ vortex over the phone that these wont be in dealer hands until "june or july"! Everything on the web was pointing to end of march first of may! Guess they got pushed back.

On the one had it's kind of nice as it gives me more time to save up for one, on the other it kind of sucks, I had to purchase a temporary scope to be able to play with the new rifle!

oh well..