PDA

View Full Version : AXIS left hand action with factory threaded bbl, or .......

fragout
09-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Buy one, and have the bbl cut back to 16inches, then have it threaded?

I am really wanting a 16in threaded tube for this project, and in a left hand action.

How much $$ would it cost overall to buy a 20in bbl OEM factory lefty Axis chambered in 308, then send it off to have the tube cut down to 16in and have it threaded?

I'm not even 100% certain if Savage puts out a lefty 308 Axis with a threaded tube, as I have only located right handed actions set up this way.

Can anyone tell me the bbl twist rate of the factory axis 308 bbl?

I want it as a truck/quad/horse "beater" rifle that can also be used as a host for my current cans.

General target shooting, TX hog dumping, and hunting. Supersonic and subsonic ammunition.

Any help would be appreciated, and pics would also be interesting if you want to share them here.

LHitchcox
09-22-2013, 03:54 PM
I bought mine at Academy. The cost was $280 plus tax and $10 registration fee. That was for the plain 22 inch barrel. To get a lefty threaded, you will have to cut it and thread it. And the barrel is a pretty light contour.

LoneWolf
09-24-2013, 11:53 AM
The Axis SR comes threaded with a 20in barrel. I still have my take off barrel. Be putting it up in the classifieds soon.