PDA

View Full Version : Center Feed Stock to Stagger Feed Rifle

Son of the Gael
09-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Looked in the FAQ's and tried the search, didn't get an answer so here goes. I see that Boyds is finally making stocks for left hand 110 actions, but they are either for Center Feed or Detachable Box Mags. I have a 90's era Stagger Feed LA rifle I'd like to restock, can the CF stock be modified easily for it? Or is there any need to modify it?

bootsmcguire
09-21-2013, 05:41 PM
For the Long actions since the screw spacing is the same either way, to make a CF fit a SF all that should be required is a little material removal in the mag well area (for the blind mag). IIRC it is just removing a bit of material in the front of the mag well. A dremel and rasp bit should do it for you.

FWIW if you were going to put a CF action/mag in a SF stock (Long action only of course) you would have to shim or epoxy bed the mag in as the CF mag body is smaller than the SF mag well. Also this is not applicable for the Short Actions due to the different screw spacings between SF and CF.

geargrinder
09-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Shouldn't be anything to modify. Bolt spacing is the same. The only difference is the slot for the center feed L bracket.

You should bed it anyway, just fill the slot with bedding.

Silvercrow1
09-21-2013, 11:17 PM
When I mounted my 110 LA stagger feed into a Boyds stock for centerfeed, all I had to do, as stated above, was remove a little material from the front of the blind magwell. Do be careful, as there often is not a lot of material between there and the channel for the front action bolt/screw. Go slowly and test fit; you will be fine! Brian

Son of the Gael
09-21-2013, 11:56 PM
Thanks all, sounds easy enough.