PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Shooters Supply.

Pages : [1] 2

blvedere
09-21-2013, 02:09 AM
Received a letter from SSS last week. They apologized for the delay in filing orders for stocks, citing health reasons. Said that they were back to doing stocks at about 6 per week and were working to fill all back orders in the order received. There were about 40 (?) names of the list, so at 6 per week, I should have the stock I ordered in February about the middle of October. One can only hope, as I have heard this tune before. Will let Savage Shooters members know when, and if, I receive it.

din
09-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Did they mention what the health concerns were? I hope they're both doing okay.

Dennis
09-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Nothing major, Fred will be 100% shortly. He is very close now and is working.

Dennis

din
09-25-2013, 12:42 AM
Good to hear.

CARBON-ARCH
09-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the information. I hope Fred gets to feeling better.

Does anyone know if they are still carrying mag wells, followers, sears, springs etc... they used to have then listed on their web page but I couldn`t find them.

Dennis
09-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Interesting, try sending them an email.

Dennis

J.Baker
09-26-2013, 07:23 PM
SSS has stopped selling stock replacement parts which is why they're no longer listed on the website. Between Savage not being able to fill their parts orders in a timely manner and customers not having a clue what they have (and need) and then blame SSS when the parts they ordered arrive and don't fit their gun, it was just more of a headache than it was worth to them. You'll have to deal with Brownells, Midway USA or the like from now on for replacement parts.

blvedere
10-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Yes, I admit I was clueless. If I had had a clue, I would not have dealt with SSS.

DennisPA
10-24-2013, 12:33 PM
I just mailed my money order for a dog tracker stock from SSS. When I emailed them about lead times Lisa guessed the beginning of next year. Can't wait to get it.

LoneWolf
10-24-2013, 12:38 PM
You will not be unhappy with it! Their Stocks are top notch! I have both the Pro Hunter and the New soon to hit the market Pro Tac for my Axis and both are stellar. I will have to get another Axis next year to fill the Pro hunter as the Pro Tac fits my current set up and shooting style better!

blvedere
10-24-2013, 03:33 PM
I just mailed my money order for a dog tracker stock from SSS. When I emailed them about lead times Lisa guessed the beginning of next year. Can't wait to get it.

Good luck with your delivery. Haven't received my stock that I ordered in February and was told that they would be all caught up on back orders by last week. Wouldn't get my hopes up on deliver date.

DennisPA
10-24-2013, 04:49 PM
I don't need it until May so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

LoneWolf
10-24-2013, 04:51 PM
They're working some long hours now. I was receiving messages from them at 9pm Pacific time.

blvedere
10-25-2013, 01:40 PM
I don't need it until May so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

2014 ?

DennisPA
10-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Yes May 2014 is the next Ridgway VBR shoot. That raises a question how did you guys finish your stocks? Just spray some clear coat and wet sand or tru oil? I don't know if it matter but I'm getting the Black/Black/Purple.

ABE_EOD
10-27-2013, 02:07 AM
I got one of their LVT stocks and finished it with gun sav'r from brownells.
http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/stock-work-finishing/wood-finishes/gun-sav-r-custom-oil-gunstock-finish-prod5529.aspx

here is the link to the one i finished:
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?20695-The-wifes-first-Custom

MarTay6
10-30-2013, 04:46 PM
I just had several email's back and forth today as well as a phone conversation with them, ordered a Savage target action and tune/time package from them, promised it in late Dec/early Jan.... seems they're working and in business. Very helpful, prompt responding to my emails today.
Wes

masterblaster
11-01-2013, 08:06 AM
They may take a while but every part I got from them is top notch, the ejector extractor kits are great as well as their fishnet fluted bolt tubes.

missed
11-01-2013, 11:18 AM
They may take a while but every part I got from them is top notch, the ejector extractor kits are great as well as their fishnet fluted bolt tubes.

There bolt bodies are a beauty. there on two rifles so far!

masterblaster
11-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Yeah I have them on one, as soon as I am done " building " my other three they will have them too.