PDA

View Full Version : Model 10t? (Walmart)

Pages : 1 [2]

Chrazy-Chris
04-08-2014, 01:02 AM
When I hit the magic number of rifles I walked right in under her nose she went down and counted one day.I was at over 200 rifles of sorts and then I had to do something fast so I bought her a new truck for mothers day.Problem solved and now she is my exwife but it wasnt over the guns.She shot too.Buy this rifle quick as it wont be there next year period.These are spec builds at a good price.If you dont want to have to pay for a 40.00 rail you are in the wrong sport.Building a savage is so much fun my other stuff just sits as they are alot of fun to build and shoot knowing you can do it at home.

Thanks man! Not sure if you saw but look two posts above yours... I wound up going with the Dick's version. I got it zeroed with 147gr Federal commercial and just picked up my first few pieces of reloading equipment. I hope to get some loads developed soon for her!

Fortunately, after 20rds I haven't had any issues described by gixxum. Good luck Gixxum! Hopefully Savage gets you squared away. That sounds like an interesting problem. That happened to me with an AR but it was because I was shooting someone else's reloads that were crimped too firmly which screwed up the shape of the brass causing the brass to get stuck after firing. Were you shooting handloads when it happened?

gixxum
04-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Fortunately, after 20rds I haven't had any issues described by gixxum. Good luck Gixxum! Hopefully Savage gets you squared away. That sounds like an interesting problem. That happened to me with an AR but it was because I was shooting someone else's reloads that were crimped too firmly which screwed up the shape of the brass causing the brass to get stuck after firing. Were you shooting handloads when it happened?

I've only ever fired factory rounds. I've tries brass and steel and I have the same issue with both. I have the same rifle in .223 and love the thing. Never had a hiccup. But the .308 has just had this issue and I'm sure savage will take care of it. Their support team has always been pretty top notch. I will let you know the end result. The gun will arrive at savage tomorrow.

I own own the savage .17 hmr with the thumb hole stock and bull barrel also. I love this little tack driver. Again, never 1 hiccup. So I hope my .308 is just a rare fluke.

It's a great gun for a great price and I hope you enjoy the hell out of it :)