PDA

View Full Version : Stocky's Revolotion stock

doninva
02-16-2010, 12:38 AM
I bought a Revolution stock for my Stevens 200. It is listed for the Savage 10 but has the 4.40 spacing and center feed. I wasn't sure if it would fit so I ask questions on here, and one fine gentleman, told me I would need a trigger guard and a front screw. I e-mailed Stocky's and they said they had never heard that. They said the trigger guard would fit and the screws were the same. I did tell them it was for a Stevens 200. They got the stock to me in two days and I was AMAZED. Well the trigger guard doesn't fit and the front screw is to short. Also the magazine slot is .250 to long. The stock is absolutely outstanding in looks and finish so I decided to use it. If I didn't have access to a machine shop and a tool and die machinist to help me, I would have sent it back ;D. I made a spacer out of 6061 alum and epoxied it in the stock. I also had to get the Dremel out to cut a slot for the hanger at the front of the magazine, and bedded it to. I was able to use the back screw without the trigger guard and some electrical tape to glass the action and float the barrel. I will take it out tomorrow. I have always glassed the recoil lug all the way but after posting here, it was recommended to only glass the back . I went to the 6mm.com and he recommended tapeing the sides, bottom and glassing the front and back so I went with that. He has probably done more stocks than I've ever seen ;). I only posted this in case someone was thinking of buying this stock for a Steven 200. I would buy this stock again, as I have the resorces to modify it. I was a little surprised they didn't know the stock wouldn't fit. Don

hotbrass
02-16-2010, 11:59 AM
I bought one from Stocky for my Stevens 200 SA and they told me it would require longer screws.

Mine was a drop in and had no problems with the trigger guard except I had to remove about .01" of wood from around the guard for a clean fit. After pillar bedding and bedding the action it is perfect.

Stocky knows what they are doing from my experience.

Sorry your experience was not as good. But it sounds like you made the best of it.

doninva
02-16-2010, 12:18 PM
OK, I must have been wrong :-\. Don

hotbrass
02-16-2010, 01:07 PM
They may have sent the wrong stock. But it sounds like you made the everything work.

doninva
02-16-2010, 02:43 PM
I thought we were talking about the revolution, but they may have thought I was asking about the LRS, which should be a drop in for the Stevens 200. I am going to make it work, as it is the best looking stock I've seen in a while. Stock's will get a order out fast, so you better order the right thing. You probably won't have enough time to change the order as it might already be there ;D. Don