PDA

View Full Version : Where'd all the off topic post go?

Pages : [1] 2

fgw_in_fla
09-18-2013, 06:37 AM
Anyone else NOT seeing all the off topic stuff?

Where'd it go?

fgw_in_fla
09-18-2013, 06:51 AM
Never mind....
I clicked on the settings a few million times, (even though I have it set to show posts from the beginning of time) & they reappeared.

Glitch?

Edit - The posts listed are from 2012. This is entirely too confusing for me this early.

scope eye
09-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Inquiring minds want to know.

Rasputin

22 Mag
09-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Where are the post from 2 weeks ago?? My settings are show back for 100 days, but I can only see 2 posts. Where are the rest

22 Mag

fgw_in_fla
09-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Where are the post from 2 weeks ago?? My settings are show back for 100 days, but I can only see 2 posts. Where are the rest

22 Mag

I'm glad you asked that.
I thought maybe it was on my end. Even if I fiddle around with the settings I get posts STARTING at Sept. 2012.

cheapshot
09-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Same thing here. I see the two post started today and that is all.

cheapshot
09-18-2013, 03:19 PM
And I just realized that my post count has changed to a lower number?

scope eye
09-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Mine took a 400+ plus dive, I guess I must be spending to much time in off topic.

If there Is such a thing

Rasputin

Nandy
09-18-2013, 04:49 PM
I have had problems getting in for the last 2 days where the entire forum is down and I get an apache server down message. I think someone is messing with the code or doing something...

fgw_in_fla
09-18-2013, 04:58 PM
NSA spying on us?

Maybe Anonymous?....

pdog06
09-18-2013, 06:42 PM
same here guys. I will send the admin a note and see what is up.

Kinda scary when you look at a topic, not realizing it was a year old, and see a post that you do not remember posting, thinking it was a week ago......LOL

pdog06
09-18-2013, 06:47 PM
I posted it on the mods review board so hopefully we will figure it out soon.

It looks like an entire year of threads from only the off topic section are missing?

J.Baker
09-18-2013, 10:51 PM
I purged anything more than a year old as most everything here in off-topic is well....off topic and not worth archiving. It's something I've always done with the Off-Topic, Daily Humor and Picture Post boards.

That explains the change in post counts for those of you who spend a lot of time here in the Off-Topic.

As for what's being displayed to you, that's likely a browser or profile setting issue as everything shows up fine for me with all three of my accounts which have different usergroup permissions for testing purposes (Admin, registered user and paid member respectively). Check to make sure that your browser is set to refresh/reload the page on each visit, and also check your display posts options in your profile settings.

scope eye
09-19-2013, 03:37 AM
But why did you purge stuff that was put up just this week, and keep stuff from 2012?

I don't think it is my browser all the other sections are fine.

Dean

fgw_in_fla
09-19-2013, 04:40 AM
Same here, boss. I checked & re-checked my settings.
The only recent stuff is what's there now.

J.Baker
09-19-2013, 07:11 AM
But why did you purge stuff that was put up just this week, and keep stuff from 2012?

I don't think it is my browser all the other sections are fine.

Dean

Because Dean, you have made a career out of posting up links to pictures or videos, with nothing more than a link in the thread body, and then a few days later you delete the picture from your photobucket account or the video gets pulled from youtube or wherever making the thread completely pointless. I actually seriously considered creating a new board entitled "Scope Eye's Dead Links" to move them all to, but that would have just meant more work for me for posts that would still be pointless. So I just started on Page 2 and and went back to the beginning of this year deleting any of your link threads with a dead link or "image no longer available" in it, of which there were exactly 498.

J.Baker
09-19-2013, 07:31 AM
Same here, boss. I checked & re-checked my settings.
The only recent stuff is what's there now.

What browser are you running? I just checked again using IE and FireFox as both a Paid Member and as a Registered User with my testdummy account and in both cases I get the full listing of 754 threads (31 pages). Have you tried doing a hard refresh (Ctrl + R) when viewing the Off-Topic board's list of threads? Could just be a cookie or cache issue on your end. Hard to say w/o being there and being able to look at everything myself.

rjtfroggy
09-19-2013, 11:01 AM
I am in the same boat as everyone else, tried resetting, tried the refresh still only see 6 post 3 of which are "sticky's " with no other pages to view. Using IE.

J.Baker
09-19-2013, 08:19 PM
Option 1:
- Scroll to the bottom of the Off-Topic thread list page.
- Locate the gray bar that goes clear across the screen with the text "Thread Display Options" in it.
- Make sure that the drop-down menu for "Show threads from the..." isn't set to "Last Day" or a similar short period.

Option 2:
- Click on "Settings" in the very top right corner of the website (in the blue area)
- Go to "General Settings" in the left-hand menu
- Scroll down and find the "Thread Display Options" area
- Make sure that the "Default thread age cut off" is set to anything but "Show threads from the last day".

Option 3: (IE users)
- Click the little gear icon under the close button for your browser window and select "Internet Options" from the menu.
- Under the General tab, go down to Browsing History and click the Settings button.
- Under the Temporary Internet Files tab make sure that "Every time I visit the webpage" or "Automatically" is checked.

If one of those three options doesn't fix your problem then it's something real screwy on your end and it's not my problem to figure out.

rinodods
09-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Same deal here but only with google chrome on two different computers. IE seems to work fine. I will do some looking to see if I can figure out why I am having issues and will share the fix when I come across something.