PDA

View Full Version : Boyds 110 long action tacticool stock

243wssm
09-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Just wondering if anybody has one of these and what your opinion is on it. If you have any pics of the stock with barrel and action mounted that would be great!!!!!!! Thank's!!!!

SEshooter
09-18-2013, 06:27 PM
It is a good stock. I have two of them, one on a Stevens 200 stager feed and one on a Savage 111 center feed. If you are using a varmint or bull barrel you will need to open the barrel channel up. It is not hard and there is plenty of wood to do it. The stock is a wood laminate painted with a textured flat black finish. After opening the channel up I sprayed it with flat black krylon and it is a perfect match although not textured any more. (Big deal the barrel covers it so no texture is needed there anyway.) On both of my actions I had to bed them for a good fit. The inletting was a little loose which was ok as I would have bedded them anyway. Here is a link to some pictures I posted of the 308 on the McGowen outlet forum. http://www.mcgowenoutlet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=595
You can see the stock there. As far as I know, it is the only tactical style stock for a long action besides a Choate without getting into the $500+ range. It was worth a try and working well for me.

243wssm
09-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the info and pics. I think I am going to go ahead and get one of these and try it.