PDA

View Full Version : Lefty stocks for CR and RF rifles.

FieldRatSniper
09-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Hey everyone, Ive always told everyone about how much savage rifles are customizable because there is so much stuff available for them.

Well, he has a lefty 17HMR and just bought a lefty 111. He cant find any stocks (Boyd apparently doesn't make ANY). Ive been looking around and cant find anything. Ive looked through the norm, SSS, but they dont have any thumbholes that I can see, aside from their benchrest style stocks...

I remember a company that had tons and tons of savage stocks. Can anyone remind me who has them?

I think he'd like something like the BTVS for his 17HMR.

Thanks,
Jeremy

rmdailey
09-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Try Richards Mircofit. I hear they are a lot of work to get finished.

yobuck
09-16-2013, 06:01 PM
its been 3 or 4 years and things could have changed. but back then i called stockys and was told they had
some lefty stocks but only for rems. boyds told me they had none at all. richards was willing to make me anything i wanted.
it took about 6 weeks and appeared to be inletted with a stump grinder. but it turned out very nice. i wouldnt hesitate
to go there again.

goinssr
09-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Look at Boyd's web page again. I found left hand stocks for 111.

FieldRatSniper
09-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks guys. He called Boyds and they told him they had none. Maybe they are they were only talking about their rimfire stocks, or that they didnt have any centerfire stocks available.

Stocky's was the place I was trying to remember! Thanks. Are those finished well?