PDA

View Full Version : weaver or ironsighter one piece base quality

futurerider103
09-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Which is better quality ironsighter base or weaver one piece base? I like the cutout and I don't want it need the EGW

stangfish
09-13-2013, 11:06 PM
I have weavers and EGW as well as Ken Farrel. The Weaver is fine for most everyone.

futurerider103
09-14-2013, 11:29 AM
has anyone tried the ironsighter?

wbm
09-14-2013, 12:25 PM
I have both the Weaver one-piece and the Ironsighter. The Weaver gets the nod if the scope I use needs the extra slots to mount properly; on a long action for instance. The Ironsight mounts are great. You can spend more but you will not get more IMO than you do with the ironsighter. Lot's of folks think that steel bases are the way to go thinking they have the advantage over aluminum. That ain't necessarily so. Aluminum is tough stuff. It does not expand like steel when heated, tends to retain its shape under deforming forces better than steel and does not rust. The most accurate Savage I own has an Ironsighter one piece base on it and I don't see any need to use anything else.

stangfish
09-14-2013, 12:38 PM
I do have an Ironsihter as well and thought I had included that in my original post. I have only one complaint but everything else I about it I like. The spacing is different than weaver or picitinny. Scope swaps require a ring move. On the otherhand you cant beat it with low rings.