PDA

View Full Version : Axis-Rifle Basix trigger-bolt release?

willyp
09-12-2013, 05:50 AM
I have installed a Rifle Basix trigger ,in my new Axis/30-06. I shot it last week end and then took it home to clean it. The trigger is great but the bolt release is tough to get down so as to get the bolt out.
Where did i go wrong on my install or adjustments,of the trigger?

JW
09-12-2013, 06:03 AM
I would check and make sure that there is clearance between the stock and trigger
remove the barrel from the stock and depress the bolt release to see what actually moves while depressing
This is also a great time to see if the bolt will come out without a problem
if it does then you know it is at the stock, if it does not then it is an issue with the trigger
if it works ok out of stock,then go back to the stock and check in that area of movement
Can't help you if problem is with the trigger-- I am not familiar with that one but someone will chime in that is
I hope this helps
Jack

LoneWolf
09-12-2013, 08:01 AM
I think comment 4 adjusting the over travel screw is the first thing I'd look into!
But here are my thoughts.

1. Not to insult you (because it took me a minute to realize at first) the trigger has to be pulled while pressing the bolt release.

2. Did you check without the stock to make sure when it is being pressed there is enough clearance to move freely?

3. When I installed mine I had to play with the settings until everything functioned the way it's supposed to. Was this an issue before you shot it? Maybe something moved under recoil?

4. Mine is set in between 2-2.5lbs I could not get it any lighter and still have everything function properly. You may have it set to light or you may need to adjust the over travel screwto gain the required clearance.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

willyp
09-12-2013, 04:37 PM
LoneWolf,no insult taken,on the trigger being pulled to release the thing.
I may have the over travel screw set wrong or,something may have moved. I will take her apart Sat. I just thought i'd ask here,first!

LoneWolf
09-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Understood, you just never know what someone's experience level is on here until you've seen a few posts here and there.

willyp
09-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Well,ole dummy me,had the over travel set too close!!!!
Did you know there is an opening from the trigger guard in to the stock hand grip???? When you spray foam the stock some leaks into the trigger guard !!!
I also heated my recoil pad clip,to unclip it from its notch on the rear of the stock,with a hair blow dryer and didn't brake off.

LoneWolf
09-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Just an oversight. No biggie, we live we learn!

When I filled my stock(before I rebuilt my Axis) I dropped a dime in to cover the opening your speaking of! It worked like a charm.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2