PDA

View Full Version : Take that slop out of your non Accutrigger

stangfish
09-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Removed

DanSavage
09-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Good info Stangfish, I ended up using a small washer placed on the end of the pin just under the c clip. I noticed that I could squeeze the trigger bracket together with my fingers and it would take out the side slop on the trigger. I think I actually had to file the washer to get the correct thickness. I'll have to try your way and I'm sure that it would make the sear engagement more consistent.

I also agree that there is no need to bend over backwards to lighten the wire spring so light. You always want some tention there or the sear may not catch resulting in an accidental discharge.

Would like to add that I have an accu trigger that is LE series and when turned all the way down it was lower than 1 lb and fairly in consistent.
When I shimmed it up like I described above, it took out the side slop and brought the minimum pull back up to a consistent 1.5 lb pull.

FW Conch
09-08-2013, 06:17 PM
DanSavage, I use the washers also, one on each side of the trigger, stoned down to the exact thickness needed to take all the side slop out. I have been using .040" spinner bait wire for 5 or 6 years now with no problems. But I "bump test " my rifles often, even ones with the original wire. Good Luck-Good Shooting ..... Jim

stangfish
09-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Removed

FW Conch
09-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Thanks stangfish. That's my next project ! ..... Jim