PDA

View Full Version : 223 load and bullet for tactical application?

Pages : 1 [2]

oldbrass
09-12-2013, 01:03 PM
recently been using 80gr a-max.
completed my load development, found the sweet spot, figured ballistics. I can dial up hits from 100 to 500. Steel target swingers @100/200 are 1"x2" @ 3 out to 5 are 3"x5".....
Smacked all of them this past sunday and am much happier with the heavier 80s. next week....Im giving 600 a go. One thing is for sure though. even a 5mph will take the proj. and move it around pretty darn good...makes it more challenging

I must ask what twist rate and barrel length you got on your rig...that`s some impressive shooting

eddiesindian
09-12-2013, 01:20 PM
I must ask what twist rate and barrel length you got on your rig...that`s some impressive shooting
sorry for not posting that:
Its 24" bull barrel 1-8 (Shaw Barrel) 80gr a-max 22gr AR-Comp propellant going 2650 @ 4200ft elevation.
Frankly, I know Im pushing my luck by going out to 6. I got lucky last sunday due to semi calm winds and the calm wind was from one direction and one direction only (constant)....I know I can hit at 6 but it darn sure isnt gonna happen 1st try....It,d be super cool if I did though....to me?......this is what I consider tactical