PDA

View Full Version : POA and POI Question

Stockrex
09-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Distance - 800 m +
Magnification - 10x to 16x

What is the POA you are guys utilize when shooting your string?

With a fine target duplex reticle, is your POA the same as POI or do you keep an offset?

LoneWolf
09-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Had a very experienced gentlemen recommend offset aiming do to the POA not changing as it would if it matched the POI. As the whole gets larger it's hard to view the same reference for each shot. However, that would depend on how tight your groups were at that range!

sharpshooter
09-06-2013, 06:53 PM
At 800 m, you want the poa the same as poi. That way if the conditions change you can hold off the actual amount. I don't think there is much of a problem of blowing out your aiming point at 800.

82boy
09-06-2013, 08:53 PM
In short range Benchrest I place my cross hair/dot at 12 o'clock on the mothball, I want the bullet impact or print just below the aim point. I don't want to shoot out my aim point, but I don't want a lot of distance between where I am aiming and where the gun prints, incase of condition changes.

At 600 yards, I am not worried about the bullet print taking out the aim point. So I put my dot/ cross hair at dead center of the target and print is right there. I learned real quick when stuff goes south, you don't want to twist them knobs.

blvedere
09-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Agree on twisting the knobs, things can go to hill in a hurry. One or two shots into the 7/8 ring and you might as well just save your ammo.