PDA

View Full Version : Barrel switch

fusion
09-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Well after getting all the information together from this site ,i began collecting the proper tools that were recomended on this forum.And today the mail man droped off my .223 no-go guage so off to the shop i went to remove the barrel from my new Savage Hog Hunter,to replace the barrel nut and recoil lug with new ones from Northland,while talking to Jim at Northland he told me about his replacement top piece for the wheeler action wrench,which i had him send also,i highly recommend this part as its designed for installing the larger recoil lugs as well as the factory ones,works slick.the only problem i had was the wheeler smooth barrel nut wrench,which was a total failure.But as i had planned on removing some remington 700 barrels and converting them to Savage barrel nuts i also purchased a Viper barrel vice and removed the Savage barrel with it.The Viper vice is one fine piece of equipment.The only problem i had was removing the factory barrel nut because of the left over media left in the threads on the barrel,cleaned up with thinner and lubed and set head space,iron sights lined up perfectly,All in all a very rewarding experence.Thanks for those who posted all the great information on this forum...Fusion

stangfish
09-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Awesome! We need pictures brother.