PDA

View Full Version : stevens200 mount bedding help

redgreen
09-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Hello,
Looking for some help with bedding a one piece Ken Farrel mount on a Stevens200. Model#starts with G.

If I install and tighten the back screws only, then I have a gap between the mount and the reciever on the ejection port side in the front. If I install and tighten the front only screws I get a gap on the ejection port side at the rear.

I'm not sure how to proceed from here. Are the screw holes off a little? Is this normal? Thanks in advance!

goinssr
09-05-2013, 05:21 PM
I'd lay that mount up on a flat piece of glass and see if it is twisted or warped.

redgreen
09-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the reply!

I'm having a tough time telling on the glass I layed it on...

Maybe I should back up a little . The mount is marked for, and was ordered for a Savage 110 short action. Would that be correct? Or is there a difference? Thank you for your help.

goinssr
09-11-2013, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the reply!

I'm having a tough time telling on the glass I layed it on...

Maybe I should back up a little . The mount is marked for, and was ordered for a Savage 110 short action. Would that be correct? Or is there a difference? Thank you for your help.
No difference in the Savage SA and the Stevens SA. The Stevens is a Savage with a crappy trigger and crappy stock. Action and barrel are the same.