PDA

View Full Version : Thinking really hard about the 10P-SR, but what stock??

teddy12b
09-04-2013, 04:31 PM
I wish I'd have never even seen the thing, because I keep thinking about what a sweet little package that was for an 18" threaded 308. Part of my thought process is going to be what's the total "package" going to cost me. I know what scope I'd use, I know what the reloading supplies would cost, but where I'm lost is on what kind of all weather stock I'd put on it. I'd love to get something similar in style to the boyd's tacticool stock that I have on my mark II FV-SR, but I don't want wood. I'd want something more rugged and durable. I'd like to keep the factory bottom metal on the rifle and use the extended 10rd mags, but I need some suggestions. I'm not as much of a savage accessory guy as many on the forum are, I'm much more of a savage shooter.

Tim300wsm
09-12-2013, 11:16 AM
b&c medalist should fit the bill

hitmen31
09-17-2013, 09:34 PM
I looked at the same rifle, best I can figure the choate Tactical stock will work with the DBM. I don't think B&C makes one that will work with the DBM unless you have someone inlet it for you, but that is an option as well. Yes, that is a nice rifle.

shooterfpga
09-20-2013, 09:09 PM
I just recently purchased this same rifle and have been searching and searching for stocks that will fit this model. Hopefully more people will chime in to help.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hoodlum
09-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Choate tactical will fit the need... Got the gun,(well, sorta, 10fcp dbm), and I got the stock....It works very well.... A bit heavy, but nothing I can't tolerate...
Hoodlum

shooterfpga
09-23-2013, 10:53 AM
b&c medalist should fit the bill

I would love that stock, from what ive found is that its not exactly drop fit and needs inletting and possibly a cdi dbm.

teddy12b
09-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Is it hard to take a savage rifle with their detachable magazine setup and refit it to accept the CDI mags?

shooterfpga
09-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Is it hard to take a savage rifle with their detachable magazine setup and refit it to accept the CDI mags?

Not from what i read but again its not something id like to have to do extra or the cost of it either. Id rather keep mine pretty close to stock and just drop it in an aftermarket with no fit issues or extra care to make em work.

Jeffro
10-07-2014, 03:37 AM
Extremely interested in how you solved the issue.

I bought a 10P-SR a few months ago and looking to upgrade the stock. I'm not an experienced parts fitter so was looking for something that will not require a trip to a smith or above my skill level.

shooterfpga
10-07-2014, 10:23 PM
I solve my issue pretty soon as im fixin to drop it into a choate tactical stock.

shooterfpga
10-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Received my dark eagle 10rd mags today in the mail from another member here. Wow is all i can say. High quality, great lockup and fit i should have bought both of them. Now just waiting to receive my choate stock.

shooterfpga
10-10-2014, 10:18 PM
With the factory stock on the 10psr it definately looks kind of out of place because the stock is cheap and the mags are quality.