PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried forging the bolt handle

Pages : 1 2 [3]

daviscustom
09-11-2013, 03:41 PM
As long as you are using them as a center feed mag they work great. They don't present the cartridge high enough for use with 5.56.

LoneWolf
09-30-2013, 08:52 PM
How is this project coming along? Been long since an update!

daviscustom
09-30-2013, 10:24 PM
I was going to post an update...but then I thought it would be better to just do a separate thread, since this one is really just about the bolt mod......and it is done until the rest of the project is complete and I am ready for the final finish, or possibly a redesigned knob if needed.

I just haven't gotten around to posting the build thread.....been working on the trigger guard/grip mounting plate and it isn't ready for prime time yet.

LoneWolf
09-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Always interested in seeing work in progress!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

daviscustom
09-30-2013, 10:44 PM
I don't have time tonight, but I will try to get a thread up this week some time. I can show you guys pics of the bullpup stock from walnut plank to it's current form and all the inletting, parts mods, fabricated parts, and the trigger guard I am working on.

I will probably just do a picture thread to get everyone caught up on the project up to this point and if anyone has questions about the pics I can answer them as needed.

The current mind bender I am working on is the forward trigger assembly and the linkage to the rear trigger (the actual trigger on the Axis action). I am trying to fabricate the trigger guard/grip mounting plate so I can move on to the linkage.