PDA

View Full Version : savage 10 fcp-sr

Tripdforlife
09-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Just finished setup of my first bolt gun. https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-rPhPw5x51hU/UiZwAkkbq2I/AAAAAAAAAfE/993XX4SRNFM/w925-h553-no/IMAG0388.jpg

mespalin
09-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Very nice. I almost bought one of those FCP-SR's, but couldn't find one anywhere. I ended up with an FCP with McMillan stock. I really like the DBM and threaded/fluted barrel that you have. How does it shoot? What glass is that on top? Did you paint the scope yourself?

Tripdforlife
09-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Had to special order the gun, but Scheel's was quick and professional, didn't overcharge me as I was expecting. The gun is 100% factory, hasn't had a round through it. I chose the scope based on price, and features; it's only been boresighted so far. It's a Millet LRS-1 with ATAC camo design. Was totally looking at the McMillan model, those stocks have such a reputation. Haven't shot the gun yet, waiting/looking for a good comb riser; I'm not getting proper cheek weld looking through the optics.

mespalin
09-04-2013, 02:46 PM
You might benefit from lower rings? It looks like you have a good amount of space between your objective and the barrel. I got my Karsten cheek piece about a month ago, and it makes a huge difference in head position; I can just rest comfortably and my eye is perfectly lined up.

Tripdforlife
09-04-2013, 06:25 PM
I had originally ordered a wrap around "adjustable" cheek rest from VooDoo Tactical but they cancelled my order with no reason to why. So as I am in the market per-say, does anyone having any suggestions for a "user-friendly" (non-gunsmith needed) cheek pad/riser?

SlimySquirrel
09-06-2013, 02:36 AM
Hmm... The Karsten comes to mind.. But Also, I reckon that would go well in a Choate Tactical Stock and they have a nice high cheek rest and height options for $15 each.... They are a love em or hate em stock but hard to beat for the money.

stangfish
09-06-2013, 06:26 AM
It might leave some rub marks on your camo but I often use a Choate cheek riser with an elastic butstock sleave over it. Fast, Cheap, Removable, Comfortable and effective. I guess you could put some mole skin under it and it would protect the stck and make it fit a little tighter as well.

mespalin
09-06-2013, 11:39 AM
At about the 5:00 minute mark in this video, Ryan shows how he made a custom cheek pad for his rifle. Removable, cheap and functional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COoXVpGfXQE