PDA

View Full Version : Hp's don't always chamber correctly

Pages : 1 [2]

davemuzz
09-04-2013, 09:10 AM
You can screw up more stuff in 3 seconds with a dremmel than anything else on the planet. Except maybe when a woman ask if this makes her look fat and you provide the wrong answer.

Dave

fgw_in_fla
09-04-2013, 09:27 AM
C'mon Dave..... Have a little faith.

And NEVER and I mean NEVER EVER indicate a woman looks fat in a certain outfit.
After 4 or 5 marriages I thought I understood the female mind.
I don't.
No one can.
Just when you think the next pitch is fastball, they throw ya the slider.... Or worse yet, the terminator!

mugsie
09-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Well, I read the issues, took out the rifle and watched it as I slowly closed the bolt. On a HP, proper COL, the bullet point strikes just below the opening in the breach face and stops. No amount of forcing will get it to move. Doesn't always happen, but enough to be frustrating.

I called Savage and spoke to them - had some girl on the phone that was very plesent and said maybe it's the follower with not enough spring tension. I said I already shimmed the follower spring but maybe not enough? I asked if I had to order one or could they just send me one. She initially said they needed to be ordered, but then said "ya know, let me just send you one and maybe that'll fix the problem" Hey! I can't argue with that! Great customer service. So now I wait and when it arrives I'll give that one a try. Here's hoping it solves the problem.

LoneWolf
09-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Guess I got lucky! My Axis .308 loads the Nosler BTHP's without any issues. I put the first 110 rounds through her last Saturday.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

davemuzz
09-04-2013, 05:02 PM
I thought I understood the female mind.
I don't.
No one can.

It doesn't matter if it's your first 5 marriages, or your first 25. Understanding the female mind....you would be like an Enstine. You could write a book....like a translation book....and make a million!!!

BTW....I do get a bit nervous grinding on the chamber. It has a way of giving the cartridge a little less support. But then, maybe that's because I have a way of putting in a little more powder than the book tells me too?

Dave

scope eye
09-04-2013, 05:12 PM
"I have a way of putting in a little more powder than the book tells me too?"

It brings a tear to my eye, when I read such beautiful poetry.LOL

Spanky

davemuzz
09-04-2013, 07:37 PM
You mean that have actual BOOKS on this stuff???!!! Who knew???