PDA

View Full Version : Can a model 12 stagger be converted to DBM?

mugsie
09-03-2013, 07:13 PM
I have an older model 12 BVSS that has an internal blind mag. (the mag is attached to the receiver when it's removed from the stock). I would like to convert this to a DBM. Is it possible to do this?

For a second question, I may want to drop this setup into an XLR chassis system if I can scrounge up the funds. Is it possible to do this or does the older style rule this out?

Thanks all.....

stangfish
09-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Hey Mugsie, Is this a 4.4 action screw spacing or the 4.27? In my mind it does not make sense to make the BVSS stock into a DBM. You might look for another stock if you want a DBM. If you are real good with wood then you could do it yourself , otherwise it would be cost prohibitive. Sell the BVSS for 190+ or -. Buy a H-S or that XLR. If it is a 4.4 you could aquire a VLP DBM stock.

BoilerUP
09-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Yes, CDI Precision makes a SA staggerfeed/4.27" DBM that accepts AICS pattern magazines. You'd need your stock inletted, which CDI does for $60.

moecarama
09-05-2013, 04:28 AM
XLR stocks can be had in the 4.27' spacing or 4.40"........ I used a XLR chassis on a 12fvss 4.27 spacing stagger feed and it worked. I have a BVSS stock on 111 action and considered the same about inletting; but after doing a little searching figured it would be a waste of money. I sure wish Mcree would build one for a long action.