PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a line on a few...

Pages : 1 [2]

fgw_in_fla
08-29-2013, 07:49 PM
We Got Nothing But Love For You Brother.

Spanky

PS: Imagine if we didn't like you. LOL

Love Ya Like A Brother, My Brother in Arms...

Even if I do have to endure all of this verbal abuse. Remember, I've been married 3 or 4 times (Don't recall exactly how many times) - you can't dish out enough to annoy me. This is like a party comparatively.

LoneWolf
08-29-2013, 08:27 PM
I really enjoy all the professional attitudes on this forum. You don't find it everywhere anymore

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

fgw_in_fla
08-29-2013, 08:43 PM
I really enjoy all the professional attitudes on this forum. You don't find it everywhere anymore

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Is he making fun of us?...

bootsmcguire
08-29-2013, 10:55 PM
Ok guys, correct me if I am wrong as I do not have an Axis (yes I have shot and handled some) and I have not taken apart an Axis Mag.

That being said, IIRC the Axis mag is the same as the newer Savage DBM with the plastic bottom "metal". If that's the case, then the Axis mag would use the same mag body and follower as the Centerfeed DBM's. So if that's the case, then why not just by a new follower? or am I missing something?

Here is a follower and it's available.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/427817/savage-arms-magazine-follower-assembly-308-winchester-long-short-action

Like I said I do not have an Axis to confirm.

Using the pics in the links below, it sure looks the same, other than the plastic vs. steel bottom.

AXIS
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1778857289/savage-arms-magazine-savage-axis-edge-243-winchester-7mm-08-remington-308-winchester-4-round-polymer

Savage 10/11
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/686793/savage-arms-magazine-savage-10fc-11fc-243-winchester-260-remington-7mm-08-308-winchester-4-round-steel-blue-matte

fgw_in_fla
08-30-2013, 02:33 AM
Thanks Boots.
And you put that up without verbally abusing me.
Yet.

Ya know, I did not know the spring / follower assy. was available separately.
Of course, I can't say that now.....

Thanks
Dosvidaniya, comrade savage shooter.

And get yourself an Axis, will ya. I think it's required somewhere in the forum rules...

bootsmcguire
08-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Thanks Boots.
And you put that up without verbally abusing me.
Yet.
You say "yet" like you expect different from me. ;)
I didn't feel like I needed to add insult to injury, however that injury occurred.

Ya know, I did not know the spring / follower assy. was available separately.
Of course, I can't say that now.....
Yup, most Savage parts are available separately if you know where to look.

And get yourself an Axis, will ya. I think it's required somewhere in the forum rules...
I'll see what I can do. I was thinking of getting one for a 450 Bushmaster build I am working on that is going to be a carry/truck/ATV rifle. For now I put the barrel on a older 110 SF-LA but I kinda need that action for another build that's also going on, so I'll keep my eyes out.
I probably would have got one sooner just to try, but I keep finding 110 series actions cheaper than I can get an Axis so.....

fgw_in_fla
08-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Funny thing though, I buy a lot of stuff from Midway & yet I never saw the spring / follower assy. Maybe next time I'll try it with both eyes open.
Thanks again. I already ordered 2.
One I need to replace the traumatized / disasterized AK follower,
One for next time.

Stay Well.

pinsnscrews
09-12-2013, 12:13 AM
As some one likes to remind me with his big blue clue by four...
"Yet"=You Eligible Too...

Meaning any injury you got, I am eligible to get as well.

So please enlighten us poor souls who are yet eligible to need stitching up with nylon rope by our wives (4th one in my case) for being a dumb nugget.

Some of us really are Curious Cats...

fgw_in_fla
09-12-2013, 07:50 AM
AAhhhhhhhh... I'm just not comfortable discussing it yet.

The gash has closed up nicely. It hasn't affected my shooting ability, I can use all my fingers. It was one of those things that any person wouldn't do more than once.
I hope...