PDA

View Full Version : Mod 12 Trigger

vinballe
08-25-2013, 10:16 AM
I have a model 12 in .308 heavy barrel. When i took it apart due to slam fire problems the trigger does not look like i expected. It does not have the "piano Wire" trigger pull spring? And i can not find any other trigger pull spring. The safety does not look like the ones i have found either it has 3 rounded notches for a safety spring to land in. I have tried to look it up on savage arms and have still to find one with this trigger configuration. I need to know where i can find schematics on this particular gun. Any help is greatly appreciated. I also managed to loose my sear spring where can i get a new one? I will upload pics soon.
John

thomae
08-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Welcome. I think you will like this forum. Lots of helpful folks are here willing to help you out.

However, I must add that, until you post photos, I doubt that you will get very many intelligent responses.
(Go ahead members...prove me wrong once again! :rolleyes: )

If you have any questions about posting photos, please read this first: The ultimate guide to posting pictures...so easy a caveman can do it! (http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?16607-The-ultimate-guide-to-posting-pictures-so-easy-a-caveman-can-do-it!)

Since you are a new member, please also take a minute to familiarize yourself with the standing rules of the forum. Most of them are here:
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?24732-User-Agreement

For what it's worth, many of the questions you may have (either now or in the future) may already have been answered, so please try searching for answers. If you don't find what you need, please don't hesitate to ask in the appropriate section of the forum.
In general, you usually aren't the first person to not know something or to have a specific issue. We've all been there at one time or another and are happy to help you learn from OUR mistakes instead of making your own.

- By the way, we also look forward to learning from YOUR experiences.

Again, welcome.

stangfish
08-25-2013, 12:51 PM
If you have any questions about posting photos, please read this first: The ultimate guide to posting pictures...so easy a caveman can do it!

Since you are a new member, please also take a minute to familiarize yourself with the standing rules of the forum. Most of them are here:
http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...User-Agreement

For what it's worth, many of the questions you may have (either now or in the future) may already have been answered, so please try searching for answers. If you don't find what you need, please don't hesitate to ask in the appropriate section of the forum.
In general, you usually aren't the first person to not know something or to have a specific issue. We've all been there at one time or another and are happy to help you learn from OUR mistakes instead of making your own.

- By the way, we also look forward to learning from YOUR experiences.

Again, welcome.

Maybe this should be a sticky.

vinballe
08-26-2013, 10:30 AM
I figured it out thank you. I think someone before me have been tinkering with that trigger now it works just fine