PDA

View Full Version : SSScompetition trigger

Nandy
08-25-2013, 01:02 AM
Got my SSS trigger Friday and got it installed that evening. I have it down to under 8 oz with a clean break and no slam fires. Actually I have to slam the bolt so hard for it to Slam It so unbelievable hard it would be, well, unbelievable ... lol! The only thing I see is that the breaking weight does change a bit. Now my Wheeler trigger gauge only goes down to 8 oz so I can't tell the exact weight but sometimes it breaks t 8 and sometimes less. Anyone seen this? My understanding is that this is past what the min weight is so I can understand it not being too predictable but just wondering. My sav 2 breaks at 8oz every time, no change.

Ring
08-27-2013, 04:45 AM
i have built 4 savages... every trigger that has been under 1 pound slam fired.. with the SSS and the RB

all it takes is 1 times when you are in a hurry to load the gun and BOOM..

bodywerks
08-27-2013, 07:58 AM
18 ounces is the lowest i would reliable go, and that's for target shooting only! 1.5 lbs and safety on always (goes without saying) for hunting.

PCR/XLR/TAC338 http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/bodywerks/IMG_20130816_111453_255_zps1b498f0d.jpg http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/bodywerks/IMG_20130816_111325_951_zps290ebdd0.jpg

Nandy
08-27-2013, 08:23 AM
I had no problem with my sav2. I could probably go lower than 8 oz. I don't use the safety in my bolt action rifles. The bolt is open until I see game and decide to shoot. If your safety don't block your firepin then is half way useless.
Thanks

Dennis
08-27-2013, 02:19 PM
I had no problem with my sav2. I could probably go lower than 8 oz. I don't use the safety in my bolt action rifles. The bolt is open until I see game and decide to shoot. If your safety don't block your firepin then is half way useless.
Thanks

I have several SAV-2's on my practice rifles and love them. They are set around 5oz's maybe up to 7oz's.

I also have 3 of Fred's Evolution Triggers (which I consider the best for Savage) set around 3 to 4 oz's.

I ESTABLISH MY POA FIRST, then I lock the bolt in, then fire. I have slam tested these triggers and feel comfortable with them. I only use these for target shooting. I only use accu-triggers for hunting.

Just my opinion and preferences,

Dennis

PS: You should be able to set the SSS competition trigger under 1lb and pass the slam test pretty easy.

Always use good common shooting practices with all equipment. I forgot to mention, I leave the blot out until I am ready to establish my POA.

Nandy
08-27-2013, 04:40 PM
I leave the blot out until I am ready to establish my POA.

Sounds like what I do... I'm often looking thru my scope when my hand is reaching for the bolt to close it. That is he only real safety...