PDA

View Full Version : stocks may be coming soon

randyjrr
08-24-2013, 05:19 PM
http://www.rifle-stocks.com/

I sent a e-mail to Richards Microfit Stocks, Inc.

Good Afternoon
I have a question concerning your stocks. I have a Savage Axis (Edge ) chambered in 30.06 and am looking for a wood stock for this rifle.
To my knowledge no one is supplying anything for this rifle as of now, so I was wondering if any of your designs would work. The biggest problem seems to be the recoil lug imbedded into the stock.
If you could suggest one of your models that would fit (with minimal woodworking ) I would appreciate it very much.
Randy

and the reply

We are currently working on that model but it wont be available for a couple of months.
I can keep your information and let you know when we are ready to cut for that model.

Helen

It seems that maybe soon, the dam will break, and someone will get all the orders for what I think most Axis owners desire.
A few more requests wouldn't hurt though. Who knows, maybe they will be first on the market.

AngryTech
08-25-2013, 03:05 AM
Agreed, I spoke to them a few months back and they had just gotten someone to bring in their axis. Last I spoke to them, the rep said by the end of summer. I couldn't wait for that and retro fitted into a ultimate sniper stock. Best decision ever. But it would be nice to have other options.

randyjrr
08-25-2013, 06:10 PM
The stocks will come. As inexpensive as these tack drivers are, whoever comes out first will get the bulk of the Axis owners. I appreciate Frank in Fl showing how to stiffen the lego stock they come with; but the real fix is wood. I go by the rule "never sell your guns"
so, I am determined to transform this Axis into the best rifle it can be. Timney trigger and a quality wood stock and I will be there.
Oh and fix the magazine to feed correctly ( a hour at the range should do that)

LoneWolf
08-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Stocks are definitely coming. I lucked out and got one for my build even though they aren't on the market yet. It is not from this manufacturer however. manufacturer that hooked me up said it should come out in the fall.

triglet40
08-25-2013, 06:33 PM
How bout a pic lonewolf?

LoneWolf
08-25-2013, 06:36 PM
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?27672-Axis-build

Check my build thread. Beleive it or not that is my Axis.

triglet40
08-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Good looking stock. Looks very familiar

LoneWolf
08-25-2013, 06:42 PM
it's very comfortable, but I need a little more LOP which I'm ordering an adjustable piece this week. Also a cheek riser. Then I can hopefully get it out on the range.

LoneWolf
08-25-2013, 07:31 PM
You can also get a better view if you are a paid member and go into MrF's build artice. It provides a little more info than I will release on this side of the forum.

triglet40
08-25-2013, 07:50 PM
K I will look it up thanks

randyjrr
08-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Nice LoneWolf, very nice.
This is exactly what I see my Axis becoming in the next 6 to 12 months.
I just need to have a little more patience. The end result will be worth it.

LoneWolf
08-25-2013, 10:55 PM
I got lucky on this one. Opportunity was offered and I did not hesitate to take it up. The Axis rifles definitely have room to grow though.