PDA

View Full Version : Here I Go

Pages : 1 2 [3]

sbarcewski
08-18-2014, 02:29 PM
Donny,
Those QD cups are modified from a Ergo Stocks Pro93 AR butt-stuck. I had to sand the backside flush and contour some of the "profile" so I did not chew up my cheek or any other gear. I installed them with machine bolts before I filled the butt-stock with epoxy and filler for some weight so.... if something breaks it is gonna be a PITA to fix.

DonnyRay
08-18-2014, 04:00 PM
Donny,
Those QD cups are modified from a Ergo Stocks Pro93 AR butt-stuck. I had to sand the backside flush and contour some of the "profile" so I did not chew up my cheek or any other gear. I installed them with machine bolts before I filled the butt-stock with epoxy and filler for some weight so.... if something breaks it is gonna be a PITA to fix.

Ah. I see. That suddenly doesn't sound as simple anymore ...:bolt:

Chrazy-Chris
08-18-2014, 09:26 PM
That stock turned out great! What do you recommend prepping that plastic stock with?

How does she shoot? Let's see some groups!

sbarcewski
08-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Crazy Chris,
Wipe it down generously 3-4 times with acetone, then scuff the surface with a green scotch brite pad then another 2-3 wipe downs with Acetone. Wear gloves during the last wipe downs and don't touch the stock with bare skin until the paint is dry. High quality automotive primer or a thrown down coat of what ever color Krylon fusion paint, then follow up with your paint(s) of choice. I matte cleared this stock after the webbing was shot.

scooterf79
08-19-2014, 12:19 AM
Entire setup looks really good, I like the color scheme, heck I like it all lol. Cant wait to see pics from the range.
Scooter