PDA

View Full Version : Rifle basix Sav-1

Crow Juice
08-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Recently replaced the Savage Trigger on my Stevens 200 with a Sav-1 Rifle Basix trigger . It was easy to install but after a few sessions at the range the safety stopped working . I took it appart and tightened the safety screw and went back through the procedure to install the trigger.It seemed more difficult to get everything to work this time but I was able to adjust it to a point where the trigger breaks cleanly and the safety works. Heading out for a serious range session with the intent of shooting it loose or saying it's good. Have you guys experienced this type of problem.

SlimySquirrel
08-22-2013, 02:13 AM
Not on a centre fire but had issues with one on my MKII Rimfire.

Worked great for a while then I had problems with it not setting or engaging... Safety was intermittent also.

It seems that my Particular SAV needed to be set a tad higher poundage in order to work properly so it was set to a very crisp 3lb and have had no troubles ever since.

CharlieNC
08-22-2013, 11:31 AM
You can't simply tighten the safety screw; it must be adjusted with proper clearance to operate smoothly while also engaging the safety stop 100%. Did you follow the directions for this?