PDA

View Full Version : Savage Axis Trigger Bracket Spring

fla9-40
08-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Does any know a source for the spring that fits in the receiver and rest on top of the Trigger Bracket Assembly?
Some how I lost it on my .223 :censored:

I looked on Savage parts finder site and it does not even show it the the exploded view of the trigger assemble, so I do not know the correct name for it. I thought about taking one out of my other Axis and go to Ace and match it up.

Thanks in advance

LoneWolf
08-21-2013, 11:59 AM
That's probably your best bet. I replaced mine with the rifle basix trigger. Still have all the parts so I may have the spring you need. I'd probably try home Depot though first.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

fla9-40
08-21-2013, 12:21 PM
I replaced mine also with the Rifle Basix and I also contacted them...RB does not supply this spring with their kits. Did you not re-install yours when you installed the RB kit?

I'm going in a little while to see if I can find one at Ace, seeing the only Lowe's or Home Depot is 35 miles from me!

fla9-40
08-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Here is the spring in question...I did find one REAL close to it at Ace hardware. I could probably get two out of the one I bought.

http://www.nettally.com/kwd/spring2.JPG

LoneWolf
08-21-2013, 03:13 PM
I don't recall that spring in my trigger group will definitely check it out tonight. I may be missing it unknowingly, but everything still functions without issue.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

fgw_in_fla
08-21-2013, 04:42 PM
You mean there's a spring in there?

I can't ever recall seeing one in there & I've had mine apart a few gazillion times. I probably lost them.

sharpshooter
08-21-2013, 11:17 PM
I'll bet none of you guys know why it's even there.......

LoneWolf
08-22-2013, 12:16 AM
Do you know why it's there?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

fla9-40
08-22-2013, 06:56 AM
Really don't see the reason, Savage does not even list it on their site...Unless I missed it.

Everything seems to function without it but I just want to have it seeing it shipped with it.

fgw_in_fla
08-22-2013, 08:30 AM

Would that be the reason why, when I turn my Axis on its side (out of the stock) the pin falls out & I have to spend the next 20 minuts looking for it?

fla9-40
08-22-2013, 10:27 AM

Care to enlighten us "Spring Challenged" folks what its intended purpose is? :p

fgw_in_fla
08-22-2013, 11:59 AM

WELL?????.....
If I don't know soon. I'll lose sleep over it.

thermaler
08-22-2013, 04:19 PM
I'll bet none of you guys know why it's even there.......I'll take a wild guess--even though none of my Axis rifles came with it.

1. because the trigger assembly seems to "pivot" on the pin--it could potentially disengage the safety and cause an AD and this prevents that?

What do we win if we guess right?

fgw_in_fla
08-22-2013, 07:30 PM
I'll take a wild guess--even though none of my Axis rifles came with it.

1. because the trigger assembly seems to "pivot" on the pin--it could potentially disengage the safety and cause an AD and this prevents that?

What do we win if we guess right?

If you guessed right, you get a free Axis trigger thingie spring....

sharpshooter
08-22-2013, 08:07 PM
The only reason it is there is to put tension on the pivot pin to keep it from falling out during assembly into the stock. The trigger bracket is sandwiched between the stock and receiver when the screw is tightened. This little "trick" saved several minutes of assembly time.
Final assembly, which includes installing the trigger assembly and installing the stock and magazine only takes 1-1/2 minutes.

thermaler
08-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Your response came up the second I replied!

fla9-40
08-23-2013, 06:08 AM
And to think I wasted a special trip to the Ace Hardware....just for this!!!??? ;)

stangfish
08-23-2013, 06:30 AM
Fred is a plethora of knowledge

fgw_in_fla
08-23-2013, 08:03 AM
The only reason it is there is to put tension on the pivot pin to keep it from falling out during assembly into the stock. The trigger bracket is sandwiched between the stock and receiver when the screw is tightened. This little "trick" saved several minutes of assembly time.
Final assembly, which includes installing the trigger assembly and installing the stock and magazine only takes 1-1/2 minutes.

Soooooo...
To summarize, if I lost them & didn't re-install them, it ain't no biggie? I've had my Axis rifles apart too many times to count & NEVER noticed any spring there. Of course, they've been gone quite a while so I assume they don't hinder function by being MIA..
I did notice if I didn't keep my finger on the pin it drops out whenever I pull the action from the stock.

thermaler
08-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Fred is a plethora of knowledgeEruditely enunciated.