PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to tune up the accutrigger?

Pages : 1 [2]

Willoughby
10-02-2015, 09:41 AM
I still use the 2 ink pen springs set up for my long range bench rest rifles, but on my hunting rifles I prefer moving the blade spring to the sear spring position which gives me a 1.5-2lb pull

teele1
10-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Willoughby,
You get enough spring tension with a ball point spring in the rear sear position to allow the the sear to reset?
I moved the blade to the rear on one AccuTrigger and it would not consistently set the sear so i did have to buy a Varmint Accutrigger spring
but all the rest have worked flawlessly.

swadiver
10-03-2015, 05:06 AM
i did the method of putting some valve grinding compound on the sear surfaces and dry firing the trigger about 100 times. worked like a charm. got the pull weight down to about 10 to 12 ozs. However, 8 months later, i now have to increase the spring pressure on the sear or the trigger will lock up. taking off that hardened outer layer of steel probably means this trigger's life is probably going be limited. i was ok doing this because this is a bench only gun, and i was willing to take the chance at having to replace the trigger in the long run. next time, instead of the grinding compound, i will just polish the sear surfaces and accept the higher pull weight.

cowtownup
10-03-2015, 08:51 AM
Subscribed