PDA

View Full Version : New br rifle

Pages : 1 [2]

1coolcat
03-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Very nice build sir. It turned out beautifully. In my opinion the price is still a good one, good parts require good workers and they don't come cheap.. I don't mind spending money on quality gun parts.
Obviously your in the same mind set. When you sit down at the bench or lay on your mat and touch that trigger the groups will show you where your money went.
You don't need to spend 6k, but let's be realistic... You need to open your wallet a little wider nowaday.

I like to compare shooting to golf, people will spend the same amount of money on a set of good clubs as we do our rifles, and reloading gear..so to each there own..good thing is ..when were ready to upgrade.. We get alot more money on our used equipment then the golfers do..
At least that is how I justify it to my wife..lol

1coolcat
03-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Dbl. Post..sorry

cwop
03-28-2016, 11:19 AM
Somewhere I think maybe 6br there is an article on a b/r rifle smithed by Fred Moreo lots of bling I don't know how he did it yet and I am sure that stock had been sent out to a car body man for painting. No telling how many coats had been put on it.

b/r is not a cheap sport. I have a 22 b/r rifle smithed by Gene Davis and everything is amazing I hate to think what that rifle cost when it was built.

rjtfroggy
03-28-2016, 04:40 PM
If you want cheap throw lawn darts.
I just turned a 6mm X-Caliber Apachie barrel on it but the dies came in wrong so I am waiting on the replacements, they were supposed to be here 2 weeks ago now they tell me they will be shipped tomorrow.
The 243 was still shooting real nice groups well under .5 but it has just over 1500 rounds down it and I won't take the chance of it going bad at a match.

penna shooter
03-28-2016, 04:49 PM
Looks Noice, congrats.