PDA

View Full Version : I fired my first 25 reloaded rounds and still have both eyes and face intact.

Pages : 1 [2]

thermaler
08-19-2013, 07:00 PM
It says 10 yds--federal matchking 175 : )

davemuzz
08-19-2013, 07:58 PM
We don't want him to sell his stuff & take up lawn darts or something.

Lawn darts.....or "Jarts" are no longer made. That's because people were looking up and getting stuck in the head\eye\chest with those big-arse lawn darts. Shooting is much safer as we have NRA safety programs, plus we keep pounding safety into shooters and it seems to work. Jarts are proven unsafe. Google "Brady campaign against Jarts" and you will know what I mean!!!

Dave

fgw_in_fla
08-19-2013, 08:26 PM
C'mon Dave, we played with lawn darts for years. File the point nice & sharp to throw at each other when we were kids. Nobody ever went home whining to their mommy with a lawn dart sticking out of the top of their head.

Usually.....

stangfish
08-19-2013, 08:40 PM
That's because people were looking up and getting stuck in the head\eye\chest with those big-arse lawn darts. You cant fix stupid. Americans are at the bottom of the gene pool.

eddiesindian
08-19-2013, 09:26 PM
congrates.
Id say those things are flying right at or a smig under 2700

thermaler
08-19-2013, 11:06 PM
I usually tell people shooting is just like high-speed golf--just more expensive and not quite as stuffy.

Sitting Duck
08-20-2013, 10:16 PM
C'mon guys....
Don't discourage him. We don't want him to sell his stuff & take up lawn darts or something.

I say go for that 7 round / one holer. It's out there. Just gotta find it.

Don't be concerned with the OCD or addiction. If it wasn't this it would be cars, guitars, drinking, bicycles, archery, fishing, women, God only knows what else.

When I'm not throwing money at this I'm throwing it at my Shovelhead. Jarts! That brings back memories as in "chicken jarts". You would throw it as high as you could, wait for it to come down and move at the last second. :thumb: Not something you wanna do facing into the sun. What can I say I grew up with five brothers on a farm. Entertainment was in short supply.

fgw_in_fla
08-21-2013, 09:02 AM
When I'm not throwing money at this I'm throwing it at my Shovelhead. Jarts! That brings back memories as in "chicken jarts". You would throw it as high as you could, wait for it to come down and move at the last second. :thumb: Not something you wanna do facing into the sun. What can I say I grew up with five brothers on a farm. Entertainment was in short supply.

Ya know, after you mentioned "chicken jarts" it jarred the 'ol grey matter & I recalled doing that with a bow & arrow(s) when we were kids. Fire the arrow up & hide. If you don't get hit, you get to go again. It was tough growing up in N.Y.
Oh, and one last thing about OCD / Savage Addiction. Stay far away from AK47's & SKS's.
Trust me on that.

davemuzz
08-21-2013, 09:13 AM
C'mon Dave, we played with lawn darts for years. File the point nice & sharp to throw at each other when we were kids. Nobody ever went home whining to their mommy with a lawn dart sticking out of the top of their head.

Usually.....

We would usually say it was a new hair style.

fgw_in_fla
08-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Lawn dart sticking out of the top of my head?...

No mom, honestly, we're playing Martian Invasion & this is my antenna & laser blaster....

thermaler
08-21-2013, 11:16 AM
I know chicks dig body piercings--but isn't that taking things a bit far?
http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s388/triggerpull/F-Troop-Agarn-Arrow-Through_zps17565d29.jpg (http://s1049.photobucket.com/user/triggerpull/media/F-Troop-Agarn-Arrow-Through_zps17565d29.jpg.html)

missed
08-21-2013, 02:00 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/10/train.jpg
:eek:

davemuzz
08-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Lawn dart sticking out of the top of my head?...

No mom, honestly, we're playing Martian Invasion & this is my antenna & laser blaster....

Yeah......it's when you kept having that "glitch" in your speech that Mom would suspect something was neurologically just not right!!

Silvercrow1
09-15-2013, 01:59 AM
ROFLMAO. This is MY kinda group! I knew I was at the right place when I first checked out this site. Y'all are sick...AND I LIKE THAT!
F-TROOP! Man what a classic!
Thermaler- I'm a NEW reloader (the paint is still wet on my RockChucker). Have you experimented with the bullet seating yet?
Great shootin'! And as Scope Eye (would probably say) "Fill 'em HIGH and LET 'EM FLY!"
Brian

thermaler
09-15-2013, 04:06 AM
ROFLMAO. This is MY kinda group! I knew I was at the right place when I first checked out this site. Y'all are sick...AND I LIKE THAT!
F-TROOP! Man what a classic!
Thermaler- I'm a NEW reloader (the paint is still wet on my RockChucker). Have you experimented with the bullet seating yet?
Great shootin'! And as Scope Eye (would probably say) "Fill 'em HIGH and LET 'EM FLY!"
BrianDefinitely--that's one of the main advantages of hand-loading. The point is to find the "holy grail" load that is the best load for your particular rifle. Experimenting with powders, bullets, "jump off lands" (where you seat the bullet) is one of the great fun(s) that you can have in your pursuit of the holy one-holer. : ) I used to make my own beer--it's a lot like that--you can always brag to your shooting buddies it's your own home brew. I'm just a beginner too, but learning is fun and rewarding--especially if you don't blow yourself up in he process. : )