PDA

View Full Version : Axis build

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

LoneWolf
09-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Good luck LC....She's looking good!

My vote is to not Cerakote the plates...Look good as is!

Thank you! I need to get some polishing tips then because with all the work I've put into it I don't want it to look like I just stopped short of a good looking finish.

Haven't seen you on here in a minute though, how've you been?

LoneWolf
09-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Will take better pictures in a few days, but another addition to my build.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a510/PJ0527/IMAG0374_zpsd821e673.jpg

T808
09-26-2013, 02:24 AM
Hey LoneWolf! I've been following and loving your build! Just wondering who makes your trigger guard? Or is it a part that came with the prototype stock? Nicest Savage ever! Thank you for sharing!

LoneWolf
09-26-2013, 07:50 AM
Hey LoneWolf! I've been following and loving your build! Just wondering who makes your trigger guard? Or is it a part that came with the prototype stock? Nicest Savage ever! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for the compliments! Trigger guard is from a Savage Model 10/110 and will come with the stock once on the market!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

rlittle1970
09-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Cruel and unusual punishment is being on the Savage Axis forum and seeing the Boyds ad banner on the top!

LoneWolf
09-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Cruel and unusual punishment is being on the Savage Axis forum and seeing the Boyds ad banner on the top!

Not sure what this has to do with my thread, but ya I wish boyds did have a stock out for the Axis. I would definitely build another one for sure. Maybe a .223 for the wife to learn on.

daviscustom
09-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Ok....where did the detachable mag come from? I don't recall any discussion of it....did it come with the stock too?

Very nice looking rig.

LoneWolf
09-26-2013, 11:09 PM
Ok....where did the detachable mag come from? I don't recall any discussion of it....did it come with the stock too?

Very nice looking rig.

Lol... I didn't make it therefore won't discuss it in detail, but I've got a handy friend! If interested please PM me!

daviscustom
09-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Huh? You didn't make your scope either....how come you can't tell about it publicly?

I'm just curious how it was done.....adapting a mag from another rifle I am assuming? I am not looking to buy anything, I am just looking for details on how it was done.....maybe some detail pics. Assuming that is not breaking any rules, of course.

LoneWolf
09-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Huh? You didn't make your scope either....how come you can't tell about it publicly?

I'm just curious how it was done.....adapting a mag from another rifle I am assuming? I am not looking to buy anything, I am just looking for details on how it was done.....maybe some detail pics. Assuming that is not breaking any rules, of course.

Sent you a PM. I will post some close up Pics, but will not take away from the designer.

sales@boydsgunstocks
09-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Have you guys heard that Christmas is coming early this year for Savage owners - we hope you all have your wish list ready by early October!!!

Not sure what this has to do with my thread, but ya I wish boyds did have a stock out for the Axis. I would definitely build another one for sure. Maybe a .223 for the wife to learn on.

cheapshot
09-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Have you guys heard that Christmas is coming early this year for Savage owners - we hope you all have your wish list ready by early October!!!

Yes I did. Very excited.

LoneWolf
10-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Looks like Boyds is answering the call on the 9th. Be interesting to see what they offer. I will be getting back to the finishing touches later this month.

LoneWolf
10-08-2013, 11:48 AM
UPDATE ON STOCK AVAILABILITY.

Just got word from the manufacturer of the Axis Pro Hunter! I can now release the information!

The Manufacturer is Sharp Shooter Supply and the word they gave me is that they have a couple dozen ready to ship.

Let's get them Axis builds going!

thermaler
10-08-2013, 03:43 PM
UPDATE ON STOCK AVAILABILITY.

Just got word from the manufacturer of the Axis Pro Hunter! I can now release the information!

The Manufacturer is Sharp Shooter Supply and the word they gave me is that they have a couple dozen ready to ship.

Let's get them Axis builds going!
Let's just hope it comes with instructions that even a cave/axis man can interpret. : ) Oh wait a sec--you mean gun Stock--as opposed to in stock--thought we were talking a new trigger that fits the axis. : )

LoneWolf
10-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Let's just hope it comes with instructions that even a cave/axis man can interpret. : ) Oh wait a sec--you mean gun Stock--as opposed to in stock--thought we were talking a new trigger that fits the axis. : )

I was a little excited to annouce this info, but the same stock used for my build is now available for purchase through Sharp Shooter Supply.

Lisa said she's back working full time again, so if they have them on the shelf they should get them shipped rather quickly!

Might have to start a show off your Axis thread in here!

LoneWolf
10-08-2013, 06:46 PM
The Stocks are now up on Sharp Shooter Supply's website in the stock section! Just checked for myself.

LoneWolf
10-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Calling this one complete! Final upgrade to my Axis. Everything done by me accept for the magazine!

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a510/PJ0527/IMAG0384_zps5eccde5b.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a510/PJ0527/IMAG0385_zps7a509384.jpg

thermaler
10-19-2013, 04:20 AM
It's NEVER complete until you develop the best loads and post pics of the groups! : )

n4ue
10-19-2013, 11:27 AM
LW, you should be proud. It's a beauty!!!

ron