PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Savage/Steven 311 variants

mcgiiver
08-16-2013, 07:54 PM
I am trying to find out the differences between the 311, the 311C and the 311D. I just bought a 311C which was on the rack next to a 311, and 311D, The 311C was a much heavier gun with thicker barrels, even though they were the same length. I am wondering if it was originally a longer cut and the barrels were cut down to 28". The barrels on the 311C are farther apart at the muzzle than the other two guns. Is there a resource that describes the various models of the 311 doubles?

thomae
08-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Welcome. I think you will like this forum. Lots of helpful folks are here willing to help you out.
I don't know the answer to your questions, but I am sure that someone knowledgeable will chime in soon. (By the way, with your user name, I presume that you can fix anything with duct tape, toothpicks and a wire twist tie.)

Please take a minute to familiarize yourself with the standing rules of the forum. Most of them are here:
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?24732-User-Agreement

Many of the questions you may have (either now or in the future) may already have been answered, so please try searching for answers. If you don't find what you need, please don't hesitate to ask in the appropriate section of the forum.

In general, you usually aren't the first person to not know something or to have a specific issue. We've all been there at one time or another and are happy to help you learn from OUR mistakes instead of making your own.

By the way, we also look forward to learning a lot from YOUR experiences.

Again, welcome.

JCalhoun
08-24-2013, 06:56 PM
I have a 311E but have not been able to find out much about them. My father bought it at Montgomery Wards in 1968 but that is all I know about them.

It seems they used the same style grading suffix that Savage used on the Model 110s in that period.

GunDog72
09-15-2013, 08:51 PM
I have a 311A 20ga and my dad used to have a 311B 12ga, but I've never heard of these other models your talking about, of course I've never done to much research on them either.

AL Rose
10-09-2013, 01:21 PM
I have acquired a model 311E in 20 guage. Serial number starts with "A" and is followed by a six-digit number (A440***). This shotgun has a 28-inch set of barrels and 3-inch chambers. It was originally purchased at Fox's Sporting Goods (no longer in business) in Attleboro MA in 1969. I cannot figure out what choke the two barrels are set at. Can someone help with this? I searched previous posts already.