PDA

View Full Version : B & C Medalist Medalist Adjustable or Choate TCP?

Harlech
08-15-2013, 10:47 AM
I have a new Savage 10 FCP-K coming in .308 , and the I certainly didn't buy the rifle for the stock. :P Any thoughts about which is the better choice as a chassis? I eventually want to swap out the bottom metal for a CDI, but that isn't in the budget I don't think.

BTW, I called Stocky's yesterday, and the gal told me, and I am paraphrasing "If you have a Savage with an Accustock, it won't fit in a B & C Medalist. The recoil lugs are different thicknesses, and the barrel and barrel nut are too large. The only thing that will work is a Manners stock, and you have to replace the barrel and barrel nut."

Has anyone heard of such?

I even called B & C, and they are confused. Choate just laughed.

I know I will have to install the L Clip when I convert to the DBM to a blind mag. Is there anything else?

PS: Has anyone ever fitted an anschutz rail to an aftermarket stock? I know the Medalist comes with one, but if I end up with a Choate, the don't.

missed
08-15-2013, 01:05 PM
I have a FLCP-K same as yours with the bolt on the other side. I talked to Choate directly and there stock should be a drop in. Mcmillian, Manners, and Whidden are all supposed to be drop in's if you run a CDI or AI bottom metal. Whidden said if I sent them the gun they would inlet for the Savage bottom metal at no additional cost. There are some savages that come with the B&C so I dont see how that would be any different. As far as I know all the recoil lugs have been the same thickness. Blind mag rifles yuck... I am keeping my factory bottom metals since I don't want to pay more money for something that functions the same.

CharlieNC
08-22-2013, 11:47 AM
I like how the Choate Tac fits me. I wanted another with DBM, which I did not have, so I ordered the stock+DBM package from CDI. Cost a little more but great unit.

bythebook
08-22-2013, 01:48 PM
My Son has a 10FCP-K with a Choate adjustable on it and it works great. His is 308 also it is not at all fussy with loads it seems to like them all.

masterblaster
08-30-2013, 07:50 PM
This is a good idea, I did the same with one of the 3 CDI bottom metals.

I like how the Choate Tac fits me. I wanted another with DBM, which I did not have, so I ordered the stock+DBM package from CDI. Cost a little more but great unit.