PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Model 93 feeding issues? You can thank me later.

bflee
08-14-2013, 06:40 PM
I had never had an issue with my rifle feeding before I bought some cheaper plinking bullets the other day. I had always shot the Hornady 30 gr vmax and they fed fine. When I bought the blunt nose 40 gr plinkers I saw what everyone was complaining about. Several times I had a fail to feed, ecspecially on the first few rounds of a 10 round mag.
I then decided to lay aside two of my four mags and try different mods I have seen online to try and alleviate the problem. Filing and sanding and cutting and bending, none of it helped. Then being the tinkerer at heart I noticed when I pushed the mag forward at the bottom it would feed great. I then took a long pair of needle nose pliers and slowly pulled my magazine guide on the rifle forward until all the "wiggle" was gone. What do you know? It feeds as smoothly as a newborn baby's rear end now. All of the mags including modified and stock all feed smoothly. 5 and ten round mags feed the same. My magazines are a little harder to drop and change now but I would rather have that than a rifle that won't feed. I was already happy with my rifle, but now I am super satisfied. I cannot guarantee it will work for you but I know mine works great now. Good luck! Please let me know if this works for you also. I do know it takes the rattle out of the magazine from flopping back and forth of nothing else.!

Tyee
10-25-2013, 07:28 PM
I'm thanking you now...Thanks!
I just bought a new 93R 17 TBV and the outcome of your tinkering
will come in handy!

Cheers,

Tye