PDA

View Full Version : Differences between left hand and right hand actions???????

missed
08-13-2013, 12:41 PM
What are the differences?

I noticed SSS can do a right to left conversion, I have noticed on everybodys aftermarket bolt bodys there is no designation on the bolt whether its a left or right. Is the difference just in the bolt handle and cocking ramp? Are those parts that can be ordered by or to an FFL ? If so this may open me up to a variety of different options on buying my guns...

Thanks!

rjtfroggy
08-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Bolt head is also different.

sharpshooter
08-13-2013, 06:41 PM
One is right hand, one is left hand, set up accordingly. A left hand action has opposite ramp cuts for the locking lugs and the bolt handle cut is on the opposite side. It also uses a dedicated bolt body, rear baffle, bolt head and bolt handle.

missed
08-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Ok so it's pretty much completely different. I was starting to think it was just a few parts. I do want to get mine T&T and fluted bolt bodies. After seeing that SSS only charged $100 for the swap I was thinking there wasn't much into it but it looks like my thinking wasn't right. I do regret buying my predator after seeing the T&T and bolt swap is $240 I could have picked up an awesome rig and got it done for like $100 morethan I have into mine.

handirifle
08-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Or you could have had Savage custom shop build it left handed in the first place. That's a not too well advertised option.

missed
08-13-2013, 08:20 PM
I didn't know they had a custom shop until afterward. But I don't think I would have waited. Hopefully boyds will call me back so I can possibly get a couple tacticool stocks ordered....