PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Mark II FV Failure to Eject issues

Pages : 1 [2]

IPSC
04-26-2014, 10:22 AM
JSand70:

You will not get an automatic email notification of further responses to this thread....unless you first set up your system requesting that. Did you do that on your own membership profile?

To all.....look at the two extractors and see if the correct one right vs left) is in their proper locations.... makes a big difference.

jsand70
04-27-2014, 07:52 AM
JSand70:

You will not get an automatic email notification of further responses to this thread....unless you first set up your system requesting that. Did you do that on your own membership profile?

To all.....look at the two extractors and see if the correct one right vs left) is in their proper locations.... makes a big difference.

I thought I had the automatic email setup but looks like I didn't.

IPSC
04-27-2014, 01:53 PM
To all here who are having these problems...look at posting #15 here and the picture of the bolt face....the "extractor" and "cartridge holder" are installed in the wrong ( opposite) positions. The sharp-hook version needs to be on the right side of the bolt and the rounded-hook version on the left side.

Before we go chasing anything else or calling Savage design and manufacturing into question....we need to get this point correct first before going any further......

That all said..... I could still be wrong about the "extractor" locations....depending upon whether the gun is a "lefty" or "righty" build configuration !!!..... I didn't take that into account !! The "correction" I offered is truly a correction only if the gun is the more-common "righty"
build architecture. The photo shown on post #15 would then be correct if the gun is a "lefty" bolt !!!.....never thought of that before.

Josh Smith
04-28-2014, 01:25 AM
Josh....I notice from your pics from post #15 of this thread...... that you have the 2 "extractors" reversed as installed in your gun. The one with the "sharp" hook should be on the right-side ( as you view the rifle from the shooting-position end , looking toward the muzzle). The "rounded" version.... (not really an "extractor" but more of a "cartridge holder").... with the rounded-end beak, should be installed on the left side.

Unless I am mistaken....I think you have these in their reversed locations. It would certainly cause extraction problems.

To all here who are having these problems...look at posting #15 here and the picture of the bolt face....the "extractor" and "cartridge holder" are installed in the wrong ( opposite) positions. The sharp-hook version needs to be on the right side of the bolt and the rounded-hook version on the left side.

Before we go chasing anything else or calling Savage design and manufacturing into question....we need to get this point correct first before going any further......

That all said..... I could still be wrong about the "extractor" locations....depending upon whether the gun is a "lefty" or "righty" build configuration !!!..... I didn't take that into account !! The "correction" I offered is truly a correction only if the gun is the more-common "righty"
build architecture. The photo shown on post #15 would then be correct if the gun is a "lefty" bolt !!!.....never thought of that before.

Pssst... I'm a lefty and am indeed shooting a left-handed rifle with the bolt knob on the left side! I guess I should have specified, but I thought it was clear from the location of the ejection port in the pictures above the one with the extractor.

Regards,

Josh