PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Savage M12!!!

JasonL
02-10-2010, 05:38 PM
I had my Model 12 out today cleaning it. I went to push down the lever to replace the bolt and snap! It broke down next to the trigger assembly. Now I cant shoot without taking it apart to reset the trigger. Where can I buy another part and what is the name of it?

Budweiser360
02-10-2010, 05:47 PM
How did you manage that? It's the sear you need to replace and you can get it from SharpShooterSupply. Just a BTW, but you do know you have to push down the lever and pull the trigger to get the bolt out. Just thought I would tell you, if you thought you just had to push the lever.

Budweiser360
02-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Sear/bolt release lever, it's all the same mechanism.

steveinwv
02-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Not that this helps your issue, but you only need to pull the trigger to put the bolt back in the gun.

JasonL
02-10-2010, 06:10 PM
How did you manage that? It's the sear you need to replace and you can get it from SharpShooterSupply. Just a BTW, but you do know you have to push down the lever and pull the trigger to get the bolt out. Just thought I would tell you, if you thought you just had to push the lever.

Dont know what happened. I really didnt push down on it hard at all. I was kind of hoping it was a recall on it but oh well.

Thank you very much for your help!

JasonL
02-10-2010, 06:21 PM

So out of this list I need to choose Sear or do I need to find Sear/bolt release lever?

Budweiser360
02-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Sear.

steveinwv
02-10-2010, 06:28 PM

Dont know what happened. I really didnt push down on it hard at all. I was kind of hoping it was a recall on it but oh well.

"Hard at all"? Did you pull the trigger before you pushed the lever?

JasonL
02-10-2010, 06:32 PM

"Hard at all"? Did you pull the trigger before you pushed the lever?

No I did not pull the trigger. For some reason I just wasnt thinking.

JasonL
02-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Sear.

Thanks again!

steveinwv
02-10-2010, 07:02 PM

So out of this list I need to choose Sear or do I need to find Sear/bolt release lever?

They are the same part, so order whatever part covers both of them.

JasonL
02-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Just ordered it from Sharpshooter. Thanks for all the help!

Budweiser360
02-10-2010, 09:44 PM
No problem, when in doubt, DON'T use a bigger hammer ;D