PDA

View Full Version : Savage 99: Hey guys have a question on model 99f made in 61 that has Chicopee Falls on barrel?

beerguy214
08-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Hey guys I am new here and have a few questions on my dads rifle I inherited from my mom.I was talking to my mom about it and she said she bought it new for him in the early 60's so he could go deer hunting.But that is all she knows about it because she doesn't know anything about guns and went to a dealer and they said this would be a great hunting rifle so she bought it.So to get to my questions I was looking at it and going through the threads on here I gathered it was made in 1961 being it has a 12m stamped on it and the serial number is 10176XX.I thought ok it is a 1961 but when you look at the barrel it says Chicopee Falls,MA.So I was wondering if it was a barrel that they brought with them when they moved or what?From what I have read they moved to their new location in 1960 so just wondering if that might make it a better weapon because from what I have read they made better weapons before they moved.Also it is in 308 if that helps at all and any answers would be appreciated.