PDA

View Full Version : Some more Stevens 200 questions- stock questions

Gmountain
08-11-2013, 12:45 PM
I have a couple of Stevens 200s that I got a while back. One is a 7mm-08, and one is a 30-06.

The stocks seem to have a date molded into the front of the stock? would this be correct? My 30-06 stock say 12/04 and the 7mm-08 says 4/05. I assume that this is the date the stock was molded. Am i right?

They are two different stocks, and appear to have slightly different dimensions at the butt. A Limbsaver prefit fits the 4/05 stock just right, but does not fit the other. The rubber buttpad from the 12/04 does not fit the 4/05 rifle. I guess they must have changed stocks, or were the long action stocks always different from the short action stocks?

pdog06
08-11-2013, 02:04 PM
look on the Numrich website for hard to find parts.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

You could also put a want to buy ad in our classified section, but you'll need to purchase a paid membership first to gain access to it.

Gmountain
08-11-2013, 02:09 PM
I did check all the usual sites, including Numrich. It's a difficult part to find.

pdog06
08-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Oh OK.

Just be sure not to turn this thread into a classified add for it. Its not aloud here outside the classified section.

You can always put a limbsaver or pachmayer on it and trim it to fit as well. Just another option for you. Just keep in mind that these factory stocks are only worth about $35-40 each, so it may be easier for you to buy the whole stock instead of just the pad.

Gmountain
08-11-2013, 02:31 PM
I didn't mean to turn the thread into a classified- sorry. In fact, I have a Limbsaver on it, but I'm working on a project.

FW Conch
08-11-2013, 02:50 PM
There was a time when I thought I wouldn't be caught dead with a "slip on" recoil pad on any of my stocks. But as time has gone by I have come to change my mind and find them to be quite practical, and darn right appealing in some cases, like on a tac/varmint stock I have with a dropped butt. They come in small, medium, and large, to fit any stock, and I have put the small on on and the large over it when I want less discomfort while at the bench. Walmart sells them for the best price I've seen, they are made by Limbsaver but packaged marked Winchester. Give one or more a try, plastic stocks are more function than beauty anyway. :) Good Luck!....Jim