PDA

View Full Version : 62/64-Series: 64 TR-SR Accuracy?

DangerDanJD
08-08-2013, 11:27 AM
How does the accuracy of the semi auto 64TR-SR compare to the bolt action Mark II FV, etc.

Background: I currently have a bolt action Mark II FV restocked in a Boyds Tacticool. The rifle is a laser and I love shooting it. I normally shoot at around 50 yards (backyard type range) and it routinely puts 5 shots in 1/2 inch with both CCI and Wolf. I find the Wolf to do a hair better.

My girlfriend has gotten into shooting with me and she shoots the gun as well as I do (maybe better, but I'm not admitting that). We shoot a lot together and I am thinking of buying the GF her own 22 rifle. We often have various competitions against each other with different sized targets, etc. I normally shoot a precision AR which holds about .75MOA. The accuracy at short ranges (100 and less) is very close to what we get out of the Mark II.

She loves my Savage Mark II FV so I am considering either a Mark II FV, restocked like mine, the FVSR or perhaps a semi auto 64TR-SR.

Is the 64TR's accuracy as good (I doubt) or close to as good as the Mark II, or would I be better off getting her something higher end, such as a custom 10/22.