PDA

View Full Version : Ejection issue

supergolfer18
08-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Never had this issue before. Have had rifle almost a year now. Went shooting this morning and the cases would extract, but the rounds were still in the bolt face. It was not letting go of the cases and not ejecting. Very annoying. Ejector feels ok and extractor appears ok.

Any ideas?:confused:

*This is a Savage 10 308 win shooting Lapua brass

bootsmcguire
08-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Have you ever cleaned your bolt head?

A good overnight soaking in Kroil will most likely fix you up. I am going to bet you have a build up of gunk in there. This is especially true if you have happened to pop a primer or two in there.

Silvercrow1
08-07-2013, 11:43 PM
Have you ever cleaned your bolt head?

A good overnight soaking in Kroil will most likely fix you up. I am going to bet you have a build up of gunk in there. This is especially true if you have happened to pop a primer or two in there.

Hey Boots- had a problem with mine too. In my case the new-to-me 110 LA in .223 had weak ejector and extractor springs. Replaced them and larger detent ball. New style ejector with protruding rod that helps keep spring "straighter" on compression. AND the channels / holes for the springs were F-I-L-T-H-Y on my bolt head. Some cleaning with solvent (I used naptha on ,em) with pipe cleaner, and light lube did the trick. Best to you- Brian

supergolfer18
08-08-2013, 09:57 AM
so I need to take my bolt head completely apart and clean or just soak the head in the Kroil with everything assembled? I wipe the bolt face down and all but never have taken apart and cleaned. I did blow one primer the other day and wiped the face off good after that

I will give it a shot.

thomae
08-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Best Practice: do it inside a large clear plastic bag, at least the first time you take apart the extractor. That way, if the spring and the ball go ZING!!, you will still be able to find them.

Mach2
08-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Zing%#! I hate when that happens.

bootsmcguire
08-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Thomae is right, plastic bag to disassemble.

You could soak it fully assembled and see if that helps. If its really gunky you may have to disassemble, but I have had good results both ways.

masterblaster
08-08-2013, 06:02 PM
I highly recommend the SSS ejector extractor enhanced kit, its a few $ and takes 5 minutes to change out, your gun will throw out the shells with authority.

Here is the email, the lady named Lisa, they will have you the kit in a week or so, your extraction issue will be over.

sshooter@wcoil.com