PDA

View Full Version : Model 25: New .17 Hornet

JLShipley
08-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Found a "_ _ _ _ _" .17 Hornet---- Rotary Mag, will get in 1 week ...Will let you know how it compares to Savage 25...Still keeping My SAVAGE tack driver Model 25..Just wanted a different gun.
Jim S

plinkin
08-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Found a "_ _ _ _ _" .17 Hornet---- Rotary Mag, will get 1 week ...Will let you know how it compares to Savage 25...Keeping My tack driver Model 25..Just wanted a different gun.
Jim S

Hoping for the best for you but not holding my breath.

JLShipley
08-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Gun arrived at Dealer today, get to hold it :cheerful:, have to wait CA 10 days check. I know and it's getting worse, need to move to NEV next year after wife retires. Mounting a Leupold 4.5x14x50mm on it, should be fine out to 250 yards.

Savage 25, ready to pick up, Gunsmith, cleaned up bolt , feed ramp, gun now feeds all 4 shells, But extracting unspent/spent cases still a problem, he still needs to check head space?
Will let all know.

I change my post due to, Spent shell(after firing) would not extract properly...Shell become distorted and due to head space issues bolt extractor, doesn't get ahold of spent case.

plinkin
08-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Gun arrived at Dealer today, get to hold it :cheerful:, have to wait CA 10 days check. I know and it's getting worse, need to move to NEV next year after wife retires. Mounting a Leupold 4.5x14x50mm on it, should be fine out to 250 yards.
Savage 25, ready to pick up, Gunsmith, jeweled the bolt , feed ramp was cleaned up, gun now feeds all 4 shells and extracts them with no problem while shooting.
Taking to range, some thumbtacks need to be driven in! :victorious:

Keep us posted.

I am ordering up a M25 Thole 22 Hornet for a twin to the 17 H :-)