PDA

View Full Version : Savage 116 feeding issue.

Dirtydeeds
08-04-2013, 01:11 PM
This summer I purchased a Savage 116 Trophy Hunter in 30-06 from Cabellas Canada. I brought it to the range the first week I had it and tested it to be sure everything was working ok. I was using 180gr ammo. Everything went fine, sighted in great etc.

This past weekend I went back to the range to sight in for a 165gr ammo. I encountered an intermittent problem. On occasion I would have to cycle the action a few times in order for the bolt to catch the round and push it into the chamber. This seemed to be an issue with the second round or when I would only load two rounds in the magazine. When the magazine was full it always caught the round and chambered it.

My question is this issue caused by the bolt or the magazine? I've looked at the bolt on my Savage axis and my fathers Savage 300wm and I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Could it have been the ammo? Could it be a bad spring in the Magazine? When I push down the plastic plate inside it feels about the same as the one on my Axis?

Any suggestions?